Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, pretty soon i will be buying a Custom Product 1 Piece barrel for my Tippmann 98 Custom. I live in Southern California. Right now I have 2000 diable inferno paintballs but I usually buy Lower-mid grade paint at the field.(not anything like brass eagle crap)But ya which bore size would you recommend? I know paint is getting smaller but is it getting small enough to buy a .685 barrel or should I just stick with the standard .689? Btw the park i go to the most is Mr Paintball USA in Escondido.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
You are really over thinking this whole barrel thing. The bore size isn't overly critical unless you are shooting something that can experience rollouts like an autococker or a pump.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10 years ago, I would have agreed with them. But in the US, I can't remember the last time I even used something larger than a .682 bore without having a huge overbore.
so should i get a different barrel or do you think the 685 will be to big of an overbore. btw do you use the high grade paint cause i heard those are generally smaller than low-medium grade paint that i use

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
It's still a decent system and if I was ever going to go back to using a barrel kit I might give the Freak system another try. I've been thinking of maybe buying a few older barrels and having them drilled just because I love the look of vintage barrels. Everything now is all carbon fiber and boring looking.

·
Snake playa
8 Posts
If you play outdoor than get a .689 because in the heat your paint will swell. If indoor .685.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
but in tht case will it still work on low grade paint?
I size each case before i use it.
I own a .685 .689.and .692

I've never found paint to use the .692 with and when I find .689 I get excited because i can use my J&J

I'ts really not a huge deal though, I'm an efficiency freak and I own a marq so i can shoot forever without running out of air. Pick up a .689 and have fun.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I size each case before i use it.
I own a .685 .689.and .692

I've never found paint to use the .692 with and when I find .689 I get excited because i can use my J&J

I'ts really not a huge deal though, I'm an efficiency freak and I own a marq so i can shoot forever without running out of air. Pick up a .689 and have fun.
will the accuracy remain the same?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts