Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The park nearest to me is charging 75 bucks for 2000 shots! It is nice paint but still. And they won't let me bring my own paint! Is something wrong here? Also is there any way that I can still use my own paint there?

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
A field has a right to limit the paint in use at their facility to "Field Paint Only." Especially when you are using a rental marker. This is standard practice everywhere. This is where they make their money -- not on the $20 on rental fees, but on paint.

$75 isn't out of line -- I have seen it as high as $100/case. $50-75 a case is pretty standard.

Welcome to one of the most expensive hobbies out there.. it isn't the equipment, though you can run up a pretty good tab there too -- ask me, I know, but the actual playing of paintball that gets expensive.

This is one of the major reasons I play pump. I am not out to sling 2-3 cases in a weekend, when I can shoot 500 balls for a heck of a lot less money.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
my field has some for 45 but its usually low in stock, the other ****s like 60

but for 25 dollars, isntead of the 15 you usually pay, you can BYOP.

the field also carries the whitebox paint, but ive only seen the team they sponsor using it.. idk why

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Our field charges 15$ which includes All day air, and field fees. rentals are free if you need them. 55 for a Case of paint. That's it.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
I miss the days when I'd pay 40 for all day air, admission and a case of paint. Then the next case was 30 bucks. Now I gotta pay 40 for paint and another 15-30 depending on where I go.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I remeber the time that paintball wasn't so dramatic. Everybody complains that they have to pay a lot for paint, or admission, or whatever they're complaining about. If you ask me, I think that if you don't want to have to pay for the supplies, you shouldn't be playing the sport. I'm not saying this to be mean, because I myself do complain sometimes, but it just gets a little old. I will admit that the fields are starting to jack up their prices though....but why complain. It's not going to make them lower the prices any.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
i buy my paint from the local field for 10 dollars for 500 balls
Thats still $40 a case, which is probably the best price you will find from a field. Depends on the quality of the paint. I mean you can get big ball, or blue streak for $30/case from Wally world, but it is crap paint.

Or you can support your field and suck up the $60 for a case of blaze, or RPS marbs or something like that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I play at two fields.. one is 80 a case and 20 admission = $100 a day... The other is 40 a case, 45 for a good case and 15 admission=$60 tops.. Of course the second one is farther so it sucks but still, thats the cheapest i've ever heard which can still be a lot when you don't have a job and try to get two practices a week haha. But no paintball without paint, and no paintball= death

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
hell I pay 30 for rec, forty for tournament(marbs, xball gold, etc) then again, I do have field sponsorships :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts