Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My g-pa is trying to sell a 1985 lebaron. Its white with a new burgundy top, garage kept winters, no rust, and burgundy leather seats. Its got 80,000 miles on it and the only problem is that the gas tank or line (i havent looked at it) is bad. he wants 1 grand, should i take it? i want it cuz its got a 4 banger for gas mileage...

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
i'd probably take it, do you have any friends or anything who are mechanics who would analyze the problem for ya? maybe give you an estimate as to how much it would cost to fix?

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pshh.....its pretty self explanatory. the line or tank is leaking so bad the gas literally pours out, no drips here. if id take a look at it i could tell right away. but for 1000 bucks, id fix that with the money id save if i would have bought something else.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dude, its an old people car, and the guy my g-pa bought it from was an old guy and had a truck 4 winter, so he stored this car.....you know how old people are...seriously tho, id be willing to pay this much for this car.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think the only reason i really want it now is because i can get collectors plates for it and noone at school has a car with collectors plates...ill be hot stuff....

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
collector plates for an '85 car?? what's so special about it, other than low miles?

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
omg dude.......its a ragtop wit leather seats thats whats so special about it lol...

honestly, i could care less how fast it is, its a boat ass pimp car....and i dont care one bit cuz it fits me well.......haha!

·
6,721 Posts

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if its older than 20 years old you can get collectors plates and u never have to go to emissions again unless you get a 15 day or somethin.....and collectors plates look cool....blue with red letters!!!

·
6,721 Posts
NOTE: For residents of Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Waukesha and Washington counties, an emission test is required within 45 days of the date that a collector plate is issued if the vehicle is 1968 or newer.

hope you dont live there...lol

and you cant drive it in january for some reason

1 - 20 of 21 Posts