Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
it may just be me here -

But if you take the average height of a US male (5'10...but keeping it simple, round to 6 feet). that gives you a maximum of 2 feet of netting above the player's head.

Consider that you'll need some netting draped on the ground (assume 1/2 foot for round numbers)...

Now we're down to a height most people can lift their markers above. Consider that paint moves in a parabolic motion, and firing at a height that would go above the netting probably could pelt someone pretty hard - between 40 and 100 feet away.

Before Reading my final thought - understand I'm not a field owner, a lawyer, nor a physicist... I'm just a 10+ year paintballer who hates seeing people get hurt.

From my stand - I'd say you'd want higher netting.

·
Law
622 Posts
As long as theres a top to it... as low as you want, but 10+ at least, although it might feel a bit tight.

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
you absolutely want 10+ feet from the ground up.
i agree, height of a person is not the only thing to consider. think about if somone from the other side of the field fires a shot way high so when it reaches the netting it is already traveling at a downward angle, if someone is standing back from the netting when that comes over you could easily hit someone in the staging area without a mask on

id say 10ft minimum, fields around me are 12-15ft all the way around

1 - 6 of 6 Posts