Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was goofing around with a freind at a local feild and we were switching barrels around on our 98's just for fun. Like putting one on shooting at a target and switching barrels.

Well now today I gased up my gun and shot it and the paint was going all over the place! Like a 10 foot group at a short distance! I then realized that the barrel wasn't tight on and was like "you dumb a**, you didn't tighten the barrel all the way." So I tighten it but then after about 100 more shoots it comes undone. I take it off and realize the last part of the threads are worn a lot, couseing it to come lose very easly. I think it's from my above story.

My plan to "fix" this is to put a layer of tape over the barrel threads to help lock it in place, any other idea's or anyone know what type of tape I should use?

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, the frame screws arn't the problem now, that could of been what caused the threads to wear. Though I never noticed them being to lose.....

I'm going to try duck tape and electrical tape on the barrel threads and see what one works better.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
.... the tape works better then wasting an o-ring every time i take it on and off, the o-ring shreads, there is a slit already milled out for an o-ring to go onto the barrel but the co2 tank ones arn't big enough to do anything when they are there.

I'm going to use a little bit of tape each time it seems to be doing the trick.

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
Xtoast roxX said:
try different types of o-rings such as, striker and bolt o-rings to see which one works better.
True, the CO2 o-rings aren't the only o-rings around, go to your local shop, ask what size will fit on your barrel, and buy it for 50 cents. It won't shred or anything.

·
Registered
58 Posts
this is so gay, i just found out i have the same problem today only its not worn threads. my dye ultralight just wont go on my 98 without going crooked. its soo annoying. i even tried tightening all the screws in the frame to see if that would help and it didnt

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
peacefrog said:
this is so gay, i just found out i have the same problem today only its not worn threads. my dye ultralight just wont go on my 98 without going crooked. its soo annoying. i even tried tightening all the screws in the frame to see if that would help and it didnt

New 98 threaded barrel on an old 98 thread gun

1 - 20 of 25 Posts