Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 98 custom and was wondering which barrel/paint combo you guys thought was the best....
is the tippmann flatline barrel as good as tippmann says it is?
thanks for your time

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
a flatline aint a newbs barrel. I would recommend a J&J ceramic barrel. As soon as you can take your gun completely apart and put it back together again you should be able run a flatline which is killer in the woods.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
taking the gun apart is no problem. i was in the army for 9 years.
thanks for the advice guys

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Oh well in that case get the flatline if your making a woodsball gun. You may want to check out opsgear (just google it) they have the best mil-sim selection you can find for tippmann.

·
Registered
41 Posts
all-american barrel is great too, or else you can try the new APEX barrel, heard its better then the flatline plus its not as picky on paint.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
APEX is just a stupid idea. No offence but that barrel is nothing but a stupid noob-sniping gimmick. Im sorry if I came across wrong but I despise that barrel. Come on shooting around corners, please, what a stupid idea for paintball.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Try a 14" J&J Ceramic Barrel with some Xball Silver paint. Very accurate.

If you want a flatline, then find someone who has one and try some Draxxus/Diablo paint in it. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
i actually DONT like the flatline for 98s, for some reason, (from my experience) it seems as though the A5's flatlines are of higher quality... they just seem to be more accurate. but, maybe i just used a weird one or something. just make sure your buying good paint for the flatline... nothing brittle shelled either (evil, some jt, basically any tourney grade paint) or your screwed. i would suggest pmi premiums, but, i dont know about the paint to bore match.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Smitty said:
Oh well in that case get the flatline if your making a woodsball gun. You may want to check out opsgear (just google it) they have the best mil-sim selection you can find for tippmann.
May i suggest the Slide on M16 handgaurd thingy and the ADJUSTABLE sight rail?
Also, a stock...user preference

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a progressive 12'' with a 1'' adapter that came with it for my 98c. The threads fit so I put it on too. Would a 14'' barrel make much of a diff.? It shoots dead on as is. Also, is the AK-47 barrel garbage and how long is it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts