Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wana buy the flatline barrel for my 98 Custom Pro ACT Platinum Series gun, but i have a few questions. I was wondering how hard it is to install the barrel, how hard it is to clean it, and just your oppinion on how it looks on the 98 and if i were to get a stock, which one should I get (i want a stock that matches the look of the barrel).

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
It's easy to install, very annoying to clean and who cares how it looks? A stock radically changes the ergonomics of your marker so it should be more important to find one that is comfortable for you to use rather than one that looks better. Also keep in mind that most stocks on the market don't actually work all that well when you are wearing a mask which is 100% of the time you are using your marker on the field.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Absolutely it does. The backspin that gives it the flatter trajectory also means that any imperfection in the shell causes the paint to fly a lot worse than it otherwise would. You can get everything from corkscrews to dogleg curves and everything in between. You aren't going to suddenly become a long range sniping machine with the Flatline by any stretch of the imagination.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do with the Apex barrel, you can change it to a bunch of different things, but is it like hard because i read that you have to twist it to change how it shoots and i want more of a consistant shot, so if it twists like a little bit, does it change the shot? Also, is the flat line shot on the apex better than the flatline barrel?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
same shot, all they do is put backspin on the ball to keep it in the air longer, the difference is with the apex is you can turn it off if you want to.

personally i dont like either and think they are a waste of money. if you want to sit behind a tree trying to dial in the apex go ahead, im going to be moving up the field while you do. flat trajectory can come in handy for trying to get a shot under a low hanging tree branch but likewise a arcing shot will work for trying to get over the top of a bunker or hill

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
I use a DW fibur, its a carbon fiber barrel that uses the freak insert kit. very hard to find now and very expensive (i got mine for around $155 but i think they are a lot more now)

if your looking for a great barrel at a decent price check out the J&J ceramic. at $30 it is a fantastic barrel

·
Registered
8 Posts
He's right about the flatline. I used to use one and the truth is you had to have three things going to make it work right: Perfectly round paintballs, Consistant velocity of 270-280 fps, and warm tempratures. Once I hit a running guy at 105 ft with an aimed shot to the head. Fifty other times I couldn't hit someone forty feet from me because the balls would go in every direction but straight. Spend the $80 it costs on something a else and you won't be sorry.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
its for paintball

and ya im serious, i used to have one on my oldschool impulse, the thing is great, teflon coated ceramic means the thing shoots out breaks really well because the paint wont stick to it. good porting so it is quiet and they are fairly light. if anything for the quality of the barrel it should be higher priced in my opinion but its $30. their edge kit is one of the cheapest on the market and basically the same design but in a barrel kit

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
anywhere from 12"-16" is all personal preference, shorter is more mobile but cant stick through bushes or push down bunkers as much. longer will be able to stick through bushes a little more and push down bunkers but will be a little less mobile. efficiency between lengths has been debated forever personally i believe the longer ones will increase your efficiency but its not a huge amount. negligible if anything. i shoot 14" barrels, they just feel right

for the kit, a single or duel piece barrel comes in one bore size, so what you have is what you have. but a kit on the other hand come with multiple backs to size your barrel to your paint. so if your bore size matches your paint you get the best accuracy and efficiency

1 - 20 of 27 Posts