Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

161 - 180 of 198 Posts

·
0 Posts
if the roadkill is a cow and you have enoufgh gunpowder to load inside im sure it would still be very fun......messy, but fun and one hell of a story to tell

".....well i blew up a dead cow once"
I was thinking more skunk type roadkill and hunting roadkill with a rifle but lol i totally pictured the carnage.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
the guy hasnt posted since early may, he is gone, at any rate im not saying he should not play with it, its his marker and if it makes him happy then thats great, but for most players out there looking for more preformance most the stuff on his marker is useless, as to which cosmetic upgrades look good, that goes person by person so if it makes one person happy it wont make another person happy, as far as preformance, it is gennerally not a personal preference type of thing so thats why people can say "this works" and "this doesnt"

basically it comes down to, if you can not stand the heat, dont put your marker up for rating

·
Registered
7 Posts
that has to be the coolest looking woodsball gun ever lol taking faces

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sniper- A sniper is an infantry soldier or other serviceman (e.g. police officer) who specializes in shooting from a concealed position over longer ranges (greater than the distance of two football fields) than regular infantry, often with a specially designed or adapted sniper rifle. A sniper requires skill in marksmanship, camouflage, and field craft.

By "No sniping in paintball," I mean that it's simply impossible to get a paintball to travel that far. Sure, you may pick off people from a concealed location, but that's just picking people off. Sniping is long-range.

Also- scopes are horribly innacurate in paintball. It's almost impossible to track where a ball lands from it's trajectory, and paintballs are no different. Usually with a scope, you are forced to aim much higher than your target, and then just pray that you will hit him/her/it. A scope doesn't help.
Being just slightly into paintball, and more into real firearms, I would assume that you can snipe in paintball just as in "real life" but obviously at shorter distances. Also the "usually 200 yards, or 2 football fields" suggestion is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I've heard of sniper KILLS anywhere from 10 feet away to almost 2700 yards(NOT PAINTBALL). Also, assuming, that this member isnt playing in any type of paintball competitions and/or speedball, why cant he snipe? Good looking gun 8/10, get real people, it's only paintball!

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
Being just slightly into paintball, and more into real firearms, I would assume that you can snipe in paintball just as in "real life" but obviously at shorter distances. Also the "usually 200 yards, or 2 football fields" suggestion is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I've heard of sniper KILLS anywhere from 10 feet away to almost 2700 yards(NOT PAINTBALL). Also, assuming, that this member isnt playing in any type of paintball competitions and/or speedball, why cant he snipe? Good looking gun 8/10, get real people, it's only paintball!
you can not snipe in paintball like in the military for a couple of reasons, the biggist advantage a sniper in the military has is their range, but in paintball since everyone is shooting at the same speed, they all have the same range, once the paintball leaves the barrel at X fps it can only go X far in this physical world. secondly paintballs are not accurate, they are a liquid filled sphere rolling through the air not the best balistic object, so they kinda go everywhere. so if you take the range and accuracy away from a military sniper all they have left is stealth, something the GIs also have. if you REALLY want to argue for sniping in paintball then the only accepted definition is someone who is an expert at concealment and waiting for their target to get into range for that perfect shot. in essance i learned this with a bright red impulse, its a lot of waiting and camping, not fun for the majority of people out there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only thing putting me off is the length of the barrel and the fact that you "snipe". With two? expansion chambers do you really need a 20" for sound suppression? That should be running really quiet anyway I've never seen any reason to go past a 16". If you try a shorter barrel you might notice an increase in range, because that extra 5" is just slowing your ball down as it exits.

"I play the sniper position in paintball"
-Translation
"I like to wear lots of camo and camp for the entire game, I also don't like to get shot"

Really nice looking gun, I hope you're a scenario game sniper. Snipe can be a really fun position in the right kind of game, with a large area of play, militaristic objectives and tactics, and a team who is into it just as much as you are. But it's the worst when you're playing elimination woodsball and one guy just hides for the whole game and calls himself the sniper. Sniping does exist in paintball it's just not that common or practical. Regardless, you must have a place to do it or you wouldn't have modded this gun out right?

7/10 for functionality, 9/10 for looks, Good show.

161 - 180 of 198 Posts