Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/URL]

98 act custom pump with removable tube feed to accept hoppers. Body still splits easy and can be changed back to semi when I use it at a pistol. It gets better air efficiency as a pump due to no blow back. The paint is a camo dust, it has green, brown, black and tans dusted from front to back with matching feed tube. There is no lines parting one color from another and blurs the pattern . The picture real doesnt do the paint any justice.

Tell me what you think and a guess what this marker would go for. Any question you may have feel free to ask. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I get alot of pump guys that want to try it a round or two at the field. They all say the same thing WOW. It was never meant to be the best pump marker out there but was designed to be different. Its great on air when its a pump, well balanced and easy to pump. Still has the act so no chopping. I know it would never be a high priced marker but thanks for giving me a price range.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your right its not a big concern but it happens. Like on my other pumps like my STO and my trracer if i'm not careful or if somethings off it could chop. That's the thing there are not major adjustments on the 98 like my STO. If my cocking rod is a hair to far in on my STO the bolt doesn't let the ball drop in and chops. Like you said its never a huge concern but with my 98 its no concern.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very good job, like the final result very much. Where did you get the idea from? Was it online?

This is so tempting, I just grabbed an old TM98 for $10.00 this past weekend.

Do you have pics from the side, internals, to see how it all works?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you very much

I have not seen anything like this on the internet. Yes I have seen people mill the 98 body and yes I have seen people make a pump. I have not seen a pump with a slim handle or place it where I have. I have not seen anyone put a tube feed that is removable so close to the body. I just want to make something different then whats out there and did not what to just buy a kit. Plus the kit has the pump on the barrel and I don't like that. The pump guide is mounted to the back body so the body still splits are easy. All the internals are stock parts. The only thing done to the internals is a plate for the valve housing. I have milled a plate that stops blow back, this plate is removable to still allows me the option to play as a pistol. Everything I have done to the body was carefully done so that the gun looked it came that way. Top sight milled and filled, velocity rim was milled.

People have asked me how to modify the valve to get rid of blow back. There is a poor mans way that I have used on other markers but is not reversible. It cost $5 is you are interested, let me know. On this marker I wanted to do it the right way and make my parts.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

I should have taken pictures right after it was painted. Now there are some scratches from playing, like infront of the T in Tippmann and on the tube feed are a couple scratches.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
How did you block the blow back and be able to turn it on and off, can you post pictures? I am trying to do something similar to this.
One trick is to turn down the diameter around where the oring is on the hamme. Or the other method would be to modify the valve its self.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts