Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 98 in my sig out for the first time this weekend and i took it up to the chrono (oviously 1st time on the chrono) and it was at like 380 fps. No biggy i thought, its usually high out of the box. So i continued to turn it down and turn it down and turn it down and turn it down. I had the velocity nut all the way out and it shot 295 fps. Ok so its legal but the nut was so far out that I had to duck tape it on so it would stay. Is this normal for a brand new Tippmann? Will the velocity go down the older it gets. Never had this problem with my A-5... Also there is a chance that the chrono wan't working right becouse they had a couple of guns whos velocitys would go +/- 30 per shot......

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
that is because you screwed it the wrong way

You screw the nut in to lower the FPS because it restricts the flow of air

Try screwing it in about 3/4 of the way is. That is about were it should be for most stock 98c

Also If gun is an unregulated system (stright co2 tank with no regs) the velocity will vary by about ±25 FPS depending on the gun

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, ok now i'm sure the chrono was wrong, becouse I was pretty sure you had to turn it in but on the chrono I almost hit 400 fbs when I had it screwed in..... The guns that shot +/- 30 bps was an uped Ion with a reg and nitro tank and a stock nerve along with a couple of tippmanns...... chrono was probbly on the fritz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts