Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering....

Is the the main reason for balls not hitting the same spot everytime due to the paint not being a perfect sphere? How much is the guns fault? How much is the paints fault? I'm guessing that when you get that odd shot that goes flying off in a crazy direction, the ball had some major dimples, or was oval shaped?

Besides obstructions in the barrel, could something wrong with the valve cause inaccuracy?

Thx, sorry for all the questions :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Accuracy is mainly paint to barrel match. But the guns consistancy also effects the accuracy. If paint isn't shaped spherical(sp?) enough it will spin in the barrel causing it to curve the side or break in the barrel. The valve in the 98 custom shouldn't be causing your gun to be innacurate uless you have dirt or something in it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
No its the barrel. A good match will give the best accuracy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
1. For the most part.
2. Not very much if any.
3. Alot.
4. Correct.
5. No.

The only things you have real control of are barrel quality, paint quality, paint-to-barrel match, and obstructions in the barrel. If you take care of these things your accuracy should be fine. If I am mistaken with the guns role in accuracy then I am sure someone smarter will help.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Paint has a lot of effect on accuracy. The better quality it is the more less problems you will have with dimples or inconsistent size of the paintballs. All paint that ive seen shot through stock 98c barrels has had terrible accuracy. Consistancy does effect your accuracy. The more inconsistent the more the range of the paintball is going to very. Nothing with the valve will cause inacuracy unless it it effecting your velocity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts