Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is looking to upgrade his barrel for his 98c, and before you say it I agree he should ust upgrade guns. (not a big tippy fan but to each his own)

What Barrels would anyone recommend? He hates the flat line so that is out of the question, he is also a woods ball player.

Thanks in advance.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Sadly i think its vice versa these days martix.
For every 1 person that knows the Flatline is junk, theres 10 that think its the shiz.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
The idea behind the Flatline is sound, but the flatline itself is crap

If you MUST get a backspin barrel, get an APEX mounted on a FREAK, J&J, or LAPCO barrel

·
Registered
26 Posts
Seeing as how I like a more compact gun, would there be a noticeable accuracy difference between a 10inch and 12inch. I have read that length doesn't matter, and I've also read as far as length, the longer, the slower due to more friction in the barrel, but I'm not too much worried about distance. I am just looking for overall accuracy.

Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
i dont understand how people can have nay other feelings but love for the flatline. Having it myself and seeing it first hand in action, I dont see any excuse why someone wouldnt want one. I mean you cant buy cheap paint and expect it to do good with it. Also smaller bore paintballs is a better idea but isnt absolutely necessary. As long as you have your velocity tuned right the flatline makes up for tippmanns flaws. there is no reason to buy a tippmann if you dont plan on getting a flatline.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i have seen a flatline in action and one word can some it up.........JUNK. we used all types of paint differnet fps and hpa no good. at 30 feet-50 feet we shooting a target that was 40x48in and still we had paint on and off the target there was no pattern we missed more than we hit it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts