Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I went paintballing last night, and my 98 Custom ACT broke!

What happens is, I pull the trigger once, and it shoots out one ball (but it sounds like it shoots off a couple) and then ir uncocks itself.

Also, the ball that is shot off is very weak. If it means anything, I had to rent a Nitro Tank there, they didn't fill CO2. Is it concievable that it was the tank?

And my sight is broken. I accidentally broke off the "V" shaped thing on the back of the gun that you look through. Can you put this back on?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure, again, I'm a paintball noob. If it means anything, I think I had to fill it at the 3000psi station.

I'm going to shoot my co2 tank in my backyard later on, maybe it was the tank.

·
Registered
445 Posts
yeah if it sounds like its firing rapidly, your usually outta your air source, try a new tank and if it doesnt work then you know your markers busted, and take it to your local shop

·
Registered
129 Posts
the rear sight isn't hard to put back on. it just slides on a little plastic rail.

·
No user title
273 Posts
Decker9 said:
If it means anything, I think I had to fill it at the 3000psi station.
What matters is the output pressure, not the storage pressure. The Tippmann needs around 700psi to function properly. A low pressure output tank will only output something like 450psi whereas a high pressure output tank will output 800-850psi. Near the threads, was it blue or red? Blue = low pressure, red = high pressure. Go try your CO2 and see if it still works.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
I'm putting my money on you had a low pressure tank on the 98 and your gun feels like its running out of air thats why it was doing that. Your 98 most likly isn't broke, you'd have to try to break it to acomplish that.

·
Registered
201 Posts
that kind of happened when i first used my nitro tank...butt all i did was fire around 5-10 shots with the gun upside down, and it worked great for the rest of the day

1 - 14 of 14 Posts