Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
(b '_')b
858 Posts
It makes it so the co2 has more time to turn into air. Making your marker shoot better and more consistent.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
also supposedly "cleans" the co2, making everything smoother. some say thats fiction, others dont. i like it.
anywaysa, ya all above too.
my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
How can it possibly clean CO2? An expansion chamber is essentially just a bunch of hollow sections inside a tube. Anything that did get caught in the expansion chamber would then have to just enter your marker sooner or later anyway.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
How can it possibly clean CO2? An expansion chamber is essentially just a bunch of hollow sections inside a tube. Anything that did get caught in the expansion chamber would then have to just enter your marker sooner or later anyway.
i put quotations since there is the arguement that some consider co2 to be a dirty gas, since it can become liquid and enter your gun that way. the "dirtiness" of it is when it mixes and can be all choosy about how it exists. as others have said before me, it allows more time to allow the co2 to turn into air, thus giving it a "clean(er)" affect by lessening or eliminating the remaining liquid portion.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
not dirt. dirty meaning it isnt the same all the time, can be liquid or gas. dirty meaning you cant control how it reacts and cant predict what its gonna do.
clean meaning it helps control it and become more predictable and consistent. clean meaning it filters out the liquid parts better and leaves it with less of the liquid and more of the gas.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
oh I see. The word you're looking for is consistency.

People call co2 dirty because it can be dirty. They use siphon tubes in the big 50lb tanks, so any crap that's picked up whiel theyre' being filled is going to be sucked up by the tube and put into your tank, which then will travel through your marker etc etc etc. It's just another reason it's bad for the electro-pneumatic solenoids; they can actually clog if they get enough crap in them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts