Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard 2 conflicting things about the response trigger system. On one hand, I hear that it uses no more air than normal because it works off gas left over from shooting the gun to begin with. Then I read reviews that almost ALL say,"gas consumption" is one of the weaknesses of the system. I've also heard that the Cyclone feed on the A5 uses more gas, too. So, what's the real truth? I haven't seen the inside of a 98C with the RT, so I don't know if ppl are just ASSUMING that it increases gas consumption because it might make sense in their mind.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
If there's any extra gas being used by the RT, it's going to be minuscule compared to the amount of air being used to propel your paintballs

With that said, I agree completely with Maritx

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
they do both use more gas, while it is true that the gas they are using is going to be vented out anyway, the part tippmann does not tell you is that by restricting the air flow to power these devices it slows the action of the marker and therefore you need to use more gas to have the marker function properly.

essentially there is no such thing as free energy

typically you will see about 500 or a little less shots off a tippmann 98 using a 48/3k tank, a friend of mine with an A5 and RT was getting 350-400 typically

1 - 4 of 4 Posts