Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be getting either a 98c with progressive barrel or custom pro stock to play woodsball with. Which do you guys recommend? and just out of curiosity, why did they put a drop forward on the custom pro if its supposed to be a woodsball gun?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well both stock the custom pro is better but since you are getting a progressive barrel with the regular custom...

You should go with the Custom 98 with a progressive barrel other than a stock Custom Pro.

I have a Tippmann Custom Pro with:

14" J&J Full Tilt Ceramic Barrel
Rufus Dawg Wicked Bolt and Powertube
(Now with) PHAT Sub Zero 6 Stage Expansion Chamber

It's a Killing Machine.

·
Registered
125 Posts
depends on the price. i would go with a custom pro and get a barrel seporate. i have a:
custom pro w/ rt
14" progressive barrel
sealed bolt system

im making my own drops for my 98 custom. they are turning out pretty nice.
^
if somebody wants one just pm me for more details. thanks

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
****** said:
Well both stock the custom pro is better but since you are getting a progressive barrel with the regular custom...

You should go with the Custom 98 with a progressive barrel other than a stock Custom Pro.

I have a Tippmann Custom Pro with:

14" J&J Full Tilt Ceramic Barrel
Rufus Dawg Wicked Bolt and Powertube
(Now with) PHAT Sub Zero 6 Stage Expansion Chamber

It's a Killing Machine.
Do you have to tell everybody what your setup is? You post that in EVERY SINGLE THREAD that asks which gun to by. Quit promoting your gun and answer his question.

Go with the 98 with Progressive. thumup:

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
big_balla89 said:
Do you have to tell everybody what your setup is? You post that in EVERY SINGLE THREAD that asks which gun to by.
Jeeze man the kid is prolly happy that he just got it or something. Let him brag, braggin is half of paintball anyway.

If your gonna get the custom pro get the electro instead of the RT. I really have no idea why they wasted time and effort offering the custom pro in the RT version. To me the whole reason to get the custom pro is the fact that its the most inexpensive elctro 98 you can buy.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yeah sorry.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd go with the custom pro. It's only $20 more, and it would cost that much just for the double trigger and another $20+ for a drop forward

Even if you buy a custom get a J&J or CP 1 piece instead fo the progressive.

·
Registered
559 Posts
98c pro= 98c+drpo+longer barrel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Smitty said:
If your gonna get the custom pro get the electro instead of the RT. I really have no idea why they wasted time and effort offering the custom pro in the RT version. To me the whole reason to get the custom pro is the fact that its the most inexpensive elctro 98 you can buy.
would it still be better to get the custom pro-e over the r/t even for woods ball, or is the pro-e intended more for speed ball?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
The Pro-e will be more versatile in that its tourney legal. Where as the RT is not tourney legal. I would not get a Pro for the woods, the best woodsball setup for tippmans is an RT flatline IMO. But if you want something to take to a tourney get the ProE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts