Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was chronographin my dads custom 98, my model 98, and my brothers a-5. this is wat they were.

Custom 98- 330fps
Model 98- 360fps
A-5-250fps

Now after adjusting all these the two 98's are within 300fps range but the A-5 will not break 260fps, the velocity screw is all the way out without taking it out completly and it will only hit 260. Any ideas on why or how to make it hit at about 300 like the 98's. The only reason i can think of is that my fathers and my gun are older models so there arent as many saftey precautions or restrictions on it. thats about it. any help would be appreciated.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
I wouldn't expect that much of a difference because they have a very similar valve/bolt design. I'd say it was identical but I haven't had an A5 to take apart in that detail yet.

If a very detailed cleaning and oiling doesn't fix it, something has surely changed. Even 'new' guns really aren't- they've probably been in a warehouse somewhere drying up.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well we oiled it and its brand new, only been used maybe for 3 games about an hour long each after every game we take our guns apart and clean and oil them. so the o-rings shouldnt be bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its the Spring!!!

Simple,
Its the rear velocity spring, I'm not sure that's the exact name. Take out the 2 rear push pins and plate. Their is a guide pin and spring in the chamber. Just change the spring. We have several members in our team that have A-5's and we carry around those springs.

Next time you finish playing make sure the marker is not cocked. It compresses the spring and overtime wears on it. The spring costs ruffly $1 or $2 at Tippman.

Another thing that might help is to polish the chamber where the hammer moves about.

Enjoy,

ps. Make sure you oil it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts