Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
14,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im acually asking this for a friend of mine who has been having massive problems with his a-5, every time he gets it running it is breaking balls in the breach. he took all the mods he had off the other day and tryed it and it still broke paint, has anyone else had this problem? He is just about to sell it if the problem continues, we have tried everything we can think of, the soft paddels, making sure the hopper is compleatly full, he tryed taking the barrel addaptor off and running a flatline barrel, he has a responce trigger that he disconected, still nothing, and a low pressure chamber for the cyclone feed. we are fairly certain the problem isnt with the feeding, we are pretty sure its after they are fed in that they are breaking

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
what sort of paint are you using? is it quality paint that is fresh? do you have paint inside your hopper/ "neck" to the hopper? if so it's the hoppers fault. Sounds like the timing my be just a hair off. dont' ask me how to adjust it thouhg, i've got no idea.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The problem!

there could alot of reasons......1 you have to make sure that your paint is a well quality because my a-5 also pops paint but my problem was that the barell (Flat line) the bore was worn out and was uneven from excess use the gritty sand papery inside of the barrell is what im talking about..furthermore the cyclone feeder could be damaging the piant...this happened to my friend idk what happened exactly though also the gun itself could have a pressure problem and the pressure dosnt equalize in the gun and becomes uneven...thumup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
probably

matrix agent is most likely corect though it takes time to ajust to a correct hopper that fits you wellthumup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
make sure the feed rate matches with your fire rate corectly also

·
Registered
533 Posts
Check your timing by observing the execution as you manually engage the cyclone.

Tippmann offers excellent assistance as well - contact them if the problem doesn't present itself.

Not the solution but something to consider in the future: TechT cyclone feed mods.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Burr in the breach, bad detents, burr in the barrel. I am honestly leaning towards his detents are bad and they ar either puncturing the paint when they pass or are allowing the paint to go forward enough to allow a ball to just get into the breech for the bolt to chop on it's way forward.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Burr in the breach, bad detents, burr in the barrel. I am honestly leaning towards his detents are bad and they ar either puncturing the paint when they pass or are allowing the paint to go forward enough to allow a ball to just get into the breech for the bolt to chop on it's way forward.
It's eaither the detent rubber is worn out or if he's using a flatline, something wrong with that.

Theirs a rare chance it's the cyclone but i would cheak these 2 first.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
It's eaither the detent rubber is worn out or if he's using a flatline, something wrong with that.

Theirs a rare chance it's the cyclone but i would cheak these 2 first.
They don't use new style detents?

·
Registered
133 Posts
yes

you have to make sure that your paint is a well quality because my a-5 also pops paint but my problem was that the barell (Flat line) the barrel was worn out and was uneven from excess use the gritty sand papery inside of the barrell is what im talking about.. also there could be chips or maybe even debris in the chamber, furthermore the cyclone feeder could be damaging the piant...this happened to my friend idk what happened exactly...idk its probably not the bolt though if i were you id switch to RPS marbillizerthumup:thumup:thumup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
i would

yea id do the same!!!
that sucks though that it doesnt work right
good plan though to go with the sp1thumup:thumup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
yeah

im milsim to but i dont put down speed ballers thumup:thumup: ....still i wouldnt play it

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
the ion is a toy. it feels like a toy, it looks like toy and it breaks easily like a toy.

There's no need to sell the A-5 since he dumped a bunch of money into it already. I bet it's something simple liek teh velocity it too high or there's something in the breach/barrel sticking out that's breakingt he paint.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts