Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, me and a friend both started recently, he went with an A-5, I went with a Mini. He is a fan of my barrel, a cp advantage .689 14 inch and before he gets the same one we are wondering what the best barrel for the A-5 would be.

concerns: length, we feel 14 inch is optimum for accuracy, but 14 inch barrel on that gun might be a bit large.

bore size: .689 is the best over all correct? We are in the north east.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Agreed
I'm personally partial to J&J for their self cleaning ability

One of the few claims that isn't just marketing hype in the paintball world

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
J&J barrels are nice but if he is into the milsim look Flasc makes great barrels with a nice look to them as well and of course there is the legendary PPS but their barrels are insanely expensive. Bore size depends on the size of the paint you shoot .689 is considered large now but at least you shouldn't have to worry about barrel breaks. If you only want a single one piece barrel always go with one that is a touch on the larger side.

D

·
0 Posts
I put a 14" on my T98 back in the day... I can't say I think it was a smart move. 14 is a bit long on an already long marker.

I'd probably look no longer than 10 for the ability to remain compact enough to peer out around corners while holding profile.

Remember - on a "speedball gun" - the barrel pretty much starts at the gas-thru or vertical regulator. On a "woodsball gun" or milsim marker - measure from your 'off' hand out 14", then reduce by the amount of marker between your 'off' hand and the tip.

14 inch length = barrel length + marker extension over your 'off hand'

14" = 10" barrel + 4" of extra aluminum extending beyond your left hand..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts