Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tippmann a-5 which I just got and I'm having a weird problem. When I hook up either N2 or CO2 the gas goes straight through the gun out the barrel (this is very obvious with the CO2 as liquid is leaking out). Any suggestions as to what the problem may be? I have fully investigated it but I'm wondering if this is a symptom of something seriously wrong.

I have tried the tanks on my old 98 pro and no problems so I know its an issue with the gun.

Thanks for any help!

cary

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Does it happen all the time or only when you shoot? If its spraying a cloud of CO2 when you shoot its probably just temperature or something harmless.

If it does it all the time, the valve isn't sealing the way it should be. Or at all as the case may be.

It could just br dry. To try to cure that, put a half dozen or so drops of oil in the ASA, then put the tank on. Dry fire the gun a bunch of times, no paint and no barrel attached. It'll spray oil, so have a towel or be outside. The oil will blown through the valve and might cure the problem.

Also see if cocking the marker before putting on the air changes anything.

If not, an O-ring inside the valve body might be dirty, broken, or damaged. You could have Tippmann look at it, the shop you bought it at could look at it, or you could tear it down yourself, or probably just replace the gun if its new. The CVX valve is simple, but it can be a little pain to actually take apart by design.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright I got it.

For whatever reason the gas was not forcing the valve pin shut so the gas was leaking out the from of the barrel. I just had to put the gun in a upright position and screw the tank in let a little bit bleed out the barrel and then if finally caught and shut. It was only a problem the first time since then all has been well.

Thanks for all your suggestions though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts