Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

A-5 or 98c

2K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  stickman436 
#1 ·
OK i have the to pick a marker. A-5 or 98c are the two im looking into. which marker can i upgrade more and how much will i be spending. plz i need you help

#2 ·
Even though i have a 98 im gonna suggest the a5, cause when you think about getting an agitated hopper or the cyclone for the 98 it pushes the price close to the a5's price anyways. People say a5s are gas hogs, but they seem to have more power behind them too. Check out the customization options on.. oh sorry, i dont think i can post the site, but take my word, you can upgrade the a5 more.

#3 ·
No, you are wrong.

A-5 = Terrible.....

The A-5 has the Cyclone feed system pre-installed. And while many people think this is great, it is in fact TERRIBLE. The cylone feed is a waste of money. Buy a 98 custom. It is lighter smaller, doesn't look as gay(although that is personal preference), and it isn't limited by the POS cyclone feed. You should also buy a Halo B hopper. It may seem like overkill, but you can use it later on with a different gun. Buy this and you will have a 98 c with a lighter, smaller, faster hopper than the A-5 has, for LESS money.

Whichever choice you make, you should definetly look into a barrel upgrade. Tippmann's have alway's been known for their bad stock barrels. A CP 1 piece 12-14" barrel is the way to go. I used to have one on my 98c and I loved it. Great buy for the money.

#4 ·
The A5 is not horrible. Don't take your opinion and try to make it fact.

The A5 is a great gun out of the box. The cyclone feed is dependable and close to trouble free. Where do you get off being so negative about the A5?

#5 ·
stickman436 said:
No, you are wrong.

A-5 = Terrible.....

The A-5 has the Cyclone feed system pre-installed. And while many people think this is great, it is in fact TERRIBLE. The cylone feed is a waste of money. Buy a 98 custom. It is lighter smaller, doesn't look as gay(although that is personal preference), and it isn't limited by the POS cyclone feed. You should also buy a Halo B hopper. It may seem like overkill, but you can use it later on with a different gun. Buy this and you will have a 98 c with a lighter, smaller, faster hopper than the A-5 has, for LESS money.

Whichever choice you make, you should definetly look into a barrel upgrade. Tippmann's have alway's been known for their bad stock barrels. A CP 1 piece 12-14" barrel is the way to go. I used to have one on my 98c and I loved it. Great buy for the money.
Yeah it is not terrible i dont know what your talking about. It is a better gun then the 98 the cyclone isnt the only diference between the two. Also You wouldnt need anything faster then the cyclone and it doesnt use that much extra gas. But honestly i have both and the a-5 is the better gun.

#8 ·
I would have to say get the a-5, I have alot of friends that have them and they are really nice for woodsball. the cyclone feed feeds just as fast as you will ever need for woodsball...they are plenty up-able, if you get and a-5 first upgrade is most def a new barrel...cp or j&j ceramic...the only disadvantage I can tell from the both is the a-5 as a larger profile and may weigh a little bit more.

**edit** also for all the people who think they are gas hogs one word QEV

#9 ·
I wish people would glance at the other 3,000,000,000 threads asking the same exact question.

#11 ·
If your worried about the weight of the gun get a remote coil. And if you still think the gun is heavy maybe you should be lifting weights or something instead of playing paintball.

#13 ·
I would just like to point out that most of the people who requested the A-5 are the people that have less than three hundred posts, and are new. Thus one would obviously think that most of these people are noobs, therefore they most likely know less. Talk to any established member/mod on this forum and they will tell you exactly what I did.

Nubs.

#14 ·
dude your ****en dumb, just cuz you have more posts doesnt mean you know more....its personal preference...and it looks to me that more people like a-5's over 98 so gtfo!

#20 ·
stickman436 said:
chogaso....no

98 > A-5 its that simple. 98 w/ halo is a wayyyyyy better deal.
A5 - good feeding, equal cost, smaller, pushpins, somewhat easier to clean, uses more gas.

98C with a Halo - better feeding than the A5, equal cost, larger, allen screws, somewhat harder to clean, uses less gas.

No bad decisions here. Don't let this guy scare you, it'd be fine to go with either.

#21 ·
skapunkin said:
A5 - good feeding, equal cost, smaller, pushpins, somewhat easier to clean, uses more gas.
Smaller? The a-5 is bigger, especially w/ the cyclone, and about a pound heavier...

#23 ·
skapunkin said:
The A5 is not horrible. Don't take your opinion and try to make it fact.

The A5 is a great gun out of the box. The cyclone feed is dependable and close to trouble free. Where do you get off being so negative about the A5?
qft. i have an a-5. and its not horrible right out of the box its great i did the clicky pen mod and got a new barrel and the thing worked amazingly. but i would go with a custom pro e. cuz its electric so u can fire faster all for the same price of an a-5

#26 ·
stickman436 said:
I would just like to point out that most of the people who requested the A-5 are the people that have less than three hundred posts, and are new. Thus one would obviously think that most of these people are noobs, therefore they most likely know less. Talk to any established member/mod on this forum and they will tell you exactly what I did.

Nubs.
I don't know what the hell your problem is, but you better fix it, or I'm pretty sure a mod is gonna come in and slap a temp ban on you.

And if you are judging a person by the number of posts on an INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD, I recommend you find yourself a new way to flame us people who like the A5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.