Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a new paintball gun and am choosing either a A-5 or a x7. I want to get a flatline barrel for sure and one of my friends has been suggesting i get a laser sight for it too. Apparently that is a good combo as the flatline makes the paint fly in a straight line making aiming a point red dot on person and fire very simple. From what I see the x7 comes premade with rails for me to install a sight while I would have to do something to get one on a A-5.
Can anyone suggest what gun to get and for the gun what you suggest. I am not only talking about the sight thing but the gun overall. And also what upgrades I should get for the gun.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
teh flatlnine may seem like a good choice but it's not worth it in the big outlook. It may make balls fly further, but they're by no means more accurate and they don't break at the further distances anyhow. the also sorta float around since there's backspin on them. I say pick up a J&J ceramics one piece barrel. they're cheap and amazing barrels.

a lazer or steel site is completely worthless. Paintballs don't fly straight; give up on that idea, it's just never going to happen.

If you get a tippman, get a 98 custom because all you're paying for with the other is looks and the cyclone hopper that only works on tippman markers.

Here's what I suggest if you want to run circles around your friends:

Pick up a spyder vs1. It's small, light, and fast right out of the box. you'll need a nice forcefed hopper for it, but you can use that hopper on any paintball gun out there that you may upgrade to or borrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok

Will it fire off co2? the paintball place where i live is 10$ entry fee that includes all day co2 but he doesnt have compressed air for some reason.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thanks for the input. I am glad because all that stuff was starting to get expensive. I am a bit of a paintball noob. Any good reccomendations for a hopper. I was always looking at the vs1 in the first place. Also I think i will pick up that barrel as i have heard nothing but great things about it. Any other good upgrades I should consider?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Halo Hopper? Well lets say i want to keep it 50$ or less for the hopper what should i get? a link would be nice. Also after buying a spyder vs1 i will be broke and will still need a hopper so what will get me buy for a few weeks less than 20$ Also many people say to upgrade feedneck and trigger on the vs1. How would i do that?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
a used halo hopper from the b/s/t of pbnation.com :)

oh yeah teh feedneck isnt' the greatest, i always forget that kingmann still insists on people using the nasty plastic feednecks. What'd be great is if you can find a ego feedneck collar, but i have my doubts about that. what you're looking for is a clamping feedneck for a spyder that does not have tabs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well so far i have read around and and def choosing vs1 or vs2. Why do people say always pick the vs2 over the vs1? is it that much better. I really dont need to shoot 25bps anyway as I cant afford that much paint. So just a straightforward answer vs1 or vs2 and why.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So that is pretty much the only reason? Or are there other performance reasons to. Currently at actionvillage the vs2 is 15$ cheaper which would help with the buying a hpa tank. Also on a vs2 how many shots would i get off a 48ci 3kpsi tank? I am thinking of getting the Pure Energy Fixed - 5 Year N2 Tank - 48ci 3000psi for its low cost. And also does using co2 on vs1 hurt it in any way? Also I am horrible at finding things. Can anyone tell me speciffically what feedneck to get for vs1 or vs2?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
co2 does not hurt the vs1 in any way. If it did, they would not recommend the use of it.
a 48cu 3000psi tank wont' get you very far with the vs2. maybe 300-400 shots at most.

get a spyder feedneck that is threadded, not the ones with tabs.

·
Registered
133 Posts
well

back to the topic ide go with the X-7. you can get a better hopper than a cyclone feeder i personaly hate them...***well not hate but dont like them. put money into your hopperthumup:thumup:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am getting a new paintball gun and am choosing either a A-5 or a x7. I want to get a flatline barrel for sure and one of my friends has been suggesting i get a laser sight for it too. Apparently that is a good combo as the flatline makes the paint fly in a straight line making aiming a point red dot on person and fire very simple. From what I see the x7 comes premade with rails for me to install a sight while I would have to do something to get one on a A-5.
Can anyone suggest what gun to get and for the gun what you suggest. I am not only talking about the sight thing but the gun overall. And also what upgrades I should get for the gun.
VS1, I bought one and love it!
teh flatlnine may seem like a good choice but it's not worth it in the big outlook. It may make balls fly further, but they're by no means more accurate and they don't break at the further distances anyhow. the also sorta float around since there's backspin on them. I say pick up a J&J ceramics one piece barrel. they're cheap and amazing barrels.

a lazer or steel site is completely worthless. Paintballs don't fly straight; give up on that idea, it's just never going to happen.

If you get a tippman, get a 98 custom because all you're paying for with the other is looks and the cyclone hopper that only works on tippman markers.

Here's what I suggest if you want to run circles around your friends:

Pick up a spyder vs1. It's small, light, and fast right out of the box. you'll need a nice forcefed hopper for it, but you can use that hopper on any paintball gun out there that you may upgrade to or borrow.
+1 man, but I would recommend a VS1 like he said. I have one and its super light and a fast gun indeed. I bought mine at walmart for only $150. Great guns!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts