Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since i polished my internals my A-5 has never been the same. It sometimes wont recock all the way and is really bad on CO2 (goes through it way too fast). Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
A-5s have not been that great with gas to begin with but here are a few things that may help.

The high CO2 use can be fixed with a lighter spring. The stock spring is causing the hammer to strike the valve with more force then if it had not been polished. This causes the valve to he held open slightly longer and let more gas to be vented.

The re-cocking issue can be from the hammer being over polished. This means that some of the blowback gas is slipping past the hammer and is causing the hammer not to be fully recocked. There are two things that can fix this; A lighter spring (less force is needed to return the hammer) or a Thicker O-ring on the Hammer (Provides a better seal between the hammer and the power tube).

Also you might want to check for any leaks in the fittings and lines. because a slight leak might not seem like much but it adds up after a while

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A-5s have not been that great with gas to begin with but here are a few things that may help.

The high CO2 use can be fixed with a lighter spring. The stock spring is causing the hammer to strike the valve with more force then if it had not been polished. This causes the valve to he held open slightly longer and let more gas to be vented.

The re-cocking issue can be from the hammer being over polished. This means that some of the blowback gas is slipping past the hammer and is causing the hammer not to be fully recocked. There are two things that can fix this; A lighter spring (less force is needed to return the hammer) or a Thicker O-ring on the Hammer (Provides a better seal between the hammer and the power tube).

Also you might want to check for any leaks in the fittings and lines. because a slight leak might not seem like much but it adds up after a while
Is there even a place to get a fatter o-ring? I thought that the thickness varried with the size. and where whould I get a lighter spring?

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Is there even a place to get a fatter o-ring? I thought that the thickness varied with the size. and where would I get a lighter spring?

I am going to need to look up what the stock O-ring for the A-5 is so that I can tell you the next size up in thickness

As for the springs they typically come in kits like these...

BT and trinity make good spring kits and offer tend to have 5 spring in the kit (2 lighter, Stock, and 2 heavier)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts