Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all, this is Shaman Killer, skapunkin's friend, and i had a question regarding my newly purchased A-5 response. Upon taking out of the box, i attempted to dismantle, only to be stopped by the push pins. i put what i thought to be sufficent force and they didnt budge at all. Am i being a puss, or could this be a possible defect? It was brand new out of the box and i don't see why they should be giving me so much trouble. Appreciate some feedback :shrug: :naughty peace out

·
Registered
63 Posts
when i first got mine the pin by where my air line goes in stuck like you are describing. Just use your allen wrench to push the pin out. It will loosen up as you take it apart more.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
appreciate the advice 7aintB, i've tried to jar them with an allen, but there still not budging, and its all my pins with the exception of the top pin by the sight adjustment. Perhaps i need to put a little more muscle behind it, but im timid considering i put about half a paycheck into it already. Any other steps i could do to help without risk of damaging would be helpful thanks :D

in reponse to Spy 327: how can i do it gradually if the pins wont budge at all?and yes i did say puss :naughty

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is now ska - I have advised Shaman to try a few drops of gun oil on each side of the pushpins and allow it to sit for a few hours at least.

If they don't come right out, a few taps with a small framing hammer would do the trick I'll bet.

Soooo... if that was your idea and you were going to post, can it. Thank you. thumup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
occasionally I would use two allen wrenches to take out the pins: One to depress the little metal thing on the side of the pin and one to actually push the pin through. Granted, a hammer will get the job done too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mine were stuck also...it was really tough to get the stock on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I dont really like the idea of using just a hammer because after a while you could mushroom out the ends of the pins. What we did for a friends gun was we got a punch that was alittle smaller than the pin and they came right out with no damage to the pins.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whoa whoa whoa - I said a small framing hammer, not some industrial sledge...

I also used the word "tap"

all of this ONLY after you have let some gun oil seep into the pin area

·
Registered
102 Posts
Youd be amazed what some people will do. I read your post and understood it i was just giving a different option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts