Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, remember im new to paintball so im probably asking a question that seems simple but here goes nothing. i finally tested my used a-5 and it didn't re cock so i had to manually cock it each time. i took the whole thing apart, i mean everything and checked it out (wanted to see anyway lol) for any loose parts or foreign objects and didn't see anything wrong. well i put it all back together and now the gun functions great! what could have been the problem? could the gun just sitting for 8+ months have made it "lock up" or maybe shipping jammed something? i guess my question is what makes a gun not re cock after shooting if the co2 tank is NOT low?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Generally no lube in the gun causing friction to stop the bolts backwards movement before the sear can catch it. Either way sounds like something wasn't sitting quite right in the gun and you taking it apart allowed it to adjust to it's proper position.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so do i layer the inside of the gun with lube where the bolt slides? also e-bay has a lot of after market bolts that claim performance enhancements, which is the best or is the stock stuff the same without the "pretty red color" or fancy names lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so do i layer the inside of the gun with lube where the bolt slides? also e-bay has a lot of after market bolts that claim performance enhancements, which is the best or is the stock stuff the same without the "pretty red color" or fancy names lol.
how much lube do i use??? i went today and about every 15 shots i had to re cock it or it shot a really slow ball or two. it was very aggravating and i want to fix that soon.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, im assuming your just talking about the bolt, you just coat the o-ring on the bolt with lube, thats it for the bolt.

As for ebay some bolts allow better efficency , and less wear and tear on the internals. There are also bolts made of derlin(spelling?) that are self lubricating, so you dont lube them at all.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do i have to break the gun in half to get to the bolt o-ring or is there another way to do it??? because if i dont have to break it down i dont want to any time soon unless upgrading the bolt.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i havent had my A5 for awhile now, but I think you just take off the back cap and all of it should come out. but if you do take it apart(if your marker is still shot then recock) check your valve see if you need to replace any o-rings on that, that could also cause you problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts