Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about getting an A-5 mainly for woods and longer/open places to shoot at longer range. Is A-5 a good gun that can shoot very far and not have to arc it. I would add a 14" barrel around 50 bucks. Im wondering because ive heard there the airsoft of paintball guns and i want to make sure they can shoot pretty far and accurate.

·
Pedobear Supporter
2,526 Posts
Yeah for woodsball get a Flatline, you'll have amazing range and decent accuracy. You won't have as good accuracy as you would with say a Smart Parts 14" All-American ($63) at closer ranges, but you'd get used to it shortly and it will be great for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
;/ i heard that flatline spins the ball backwards so u lose power when the paintballs hit them and it doesnt break, and sorta expensive. :( id prefer buying a 50-80 dollar barrel. Like how many feet would it go straight without arcing with a good 14" barrel.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
all guns have the same range....that is bc of velocity....all guns shoot paintballs +/- 280 fps.....and yeah the flatline puts backspin on the ball so that it will supposedly go farther....but it is fairly accurate

·
Registered
588 Posts
dont get a flatline, it may go farther but at that distance the ball wont even break. Ive played against people with flatlines and they dont break at all at long ranges. Just geta nice 14" like a progressive or j&j

·
Registered
35 Posts
id get an a-5 i have 1 and love it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah thx guys i talked to a buncha ppl, im definately getting that all american barrel but i decided no sense in buying right this moment, since its winter and snowing alot. Ill prob wait a few months and then see if i have enuff for a5 or else ill get the imagine.
In the meantime i guess I could look around and learn the things i need to know about the guns n stuff. :p

·
Registered
568 Posts
I didn't like my A-5.. Love my Ion.. The Piranha Evo really looks loaded for the money to.. My Spyder is ok. Not as accurate as the Ion. I'd take my Spyder over the A-5 any day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts