Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry this post was made by a friend but still feel free to suggest...we think we ordered a flatline, stock, and remote, and response trigger, but would a e-grip make any difference for him?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mangobutter said:
do you want to shoot faster?

yes.
would it make a big enough difference to my friends A-5 with an auto response trigger to buy it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm guessing that it'll be used for woods, hence the remote and stock.

Flatlines are kinda iffy, IMO. They can be very picky about paint, and if you get a break in the barrel then they're a pain in the ass to clean. I'd personally get a 14" J&J or Lapco Bigshot over the Flatline. Sure, the flatline gets you a lot more range, but you're sacrificing accuracy for it, and from what I've heard they can be kinda inconsistent in their groupings.

As for R/T vs E-grip:
An R/T will give you an auto-like effect, with the marker still saying as a "one-pull-one-shot" marker. However, some fields don't allow R/Ts, so in those you'd have to disable the R/T. An R/T won't let you walk or pull the trigger any faster, but you'll be able to fire in bursts.
An E-Grip, being an electronic trigger, will allow you to walk a fair bit faster than a stock trigger or R/T will. It also comes with a number of other fire modes, such as burst, auto, turbo and responce (or is it rebound?). Most fields don't allow auto and the like, so IMO, they aren't much use. Also, the downside of an E-Grip is that they rely on batteries to work, which is the one thing that's turned me off them. I'd personally rather have something that's fully mechanical (even if it's a bit slower) over something that uses batteries (one less thing that you have to worry about running out of, and one less expence).

So an R/T lets you have an auto-like burst, but not all fields allow it, while an E-Grip allows you to walk a lot faster than stock, but needs batteries.

Eller

·
Registered
26 Posts
Scrap the flatline, just get a nice 14 inch. The RT has worked fine for me in woodsball but if you want speed your going to have to go for something else.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
so sence he is getin a stock it must be wodsball so i would go for woodsball ups...anything that wiould make a better woodsballl gunlike a 14" barrel and HPA and e-hopper....if he isnt gonna use it for woodsball and it has a stock...eww

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
thanks for repeating the thing i said, and therefore bringing no value to the conversation at all....

anyway, a 5's are not that good, seriously, pick yourself up another gun

·
Registered
102 Posts
want something really nice and fast, go for a WAS board. wicked air sportz. i got one on my a5, and it rips out at 20 bps easy on ramping. that, and a double trigger w. a JJ ceramic, and youve got a nice gun

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
pbjunky said:
want something really nice and fast, go for a WAS board. wicked air sportz. i got one on my a5, and it rips out at 20 bps easy on ramping. that, and a double trigger w. a JJ ceramic, and youve got a nice gun
no it doesnt, cyclone feed feeds about 15 bps

i > you

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this is my friends gun... he accidently used my PBF file to make it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts