Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sooo yea i had been hearing a metal-on-metal grinding noise lately wen i brake so i took it into sears and find out i need:

1)new rotors
2)new brake pads...they were totally shot
3)new shocks, they were leaking badly

soooo im out 700 bucks...there goes all my summer savings! hopefully my rents will help pay for some.

AND

i had to go to a funeral so i couldnt hunt...but my dad,brother,friend's dad, and 2 guys from out of town went hunting this morning and had a big wreck...

one of the guys from out of town was leading the convoy to a field he knew of wen a rooster flew by in front of him. so he slammed on his brakes, then my dad slammed on his brakes, and the guy behind my dad didnt realize my dad had stopped until it was too late. so my dad's bed was pushed into the cab, bumper is smashed under, brand new hitch is ****ed up, probably shocks and who knows what else.

o and my friends dad totaled his truck, put his grill guard through his engine wen he hit him. its done.

so....my dad was PISSED about wrecking his 05 chevy he got a year ago. and then he was even mmore mad wen i told him about my 700 dollar bill.

/pissed rant

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
damn that sux, hope it goes well pix of the chevvy after the wreck?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I agree with the general consensus. Next time, pick yourself up a Haynes manual for your vehicle and see if you can do it yourself. Also Auto Zone is not a "ricer only" store. You can go in there and get rotors, pads, and shocks.

You'll thank yourself when you learn to do it yourself. And, if you do venture to do these things yourself, PLEASE BE SAFE. Use jack stands and do it on a concrete surface. NOT gravel, and NOT grass.

But, if you don't have the time to do it, then it is within plenty reason to have someone do it for you.

edit: I got a pair of Monroe shocks for my car for 15 dollars.

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Torch said:
You paid how much? For brakes?
like 50 total, i COULD have done the work myself (well with the help of a friend of mine) but i have no time. football on monday thru friday and films almost all day sunday. its just not convenient to do it myself.

o, and the total was $630....but im kinda glad cuz i can tell my truck is sitting higher than it was (the back end sagged really bad) and rides a helluva lot smoother. plus its nice being able to stop wen i need to. :hug: ill get pics of my dad's truck tomorrow sorry guys i was at a game and forgot

EDIT: yea, ive got an S-10

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
.......................................ok,.......... well ........ uhhhhh.... our garage charges 89$ for a brake job (new pads, cut rotors) . New rotors average 25$ each. and about 24$ labor for us to clean the new rotors so they can be used.

so 89 + 50 + 24 = $163 for the everything with the brakes

shocks, about average of 30$ a shock, 1 hours labor to install, 50$

so shocks, 30 + 30 + 50 = $110

so total cost if you brought it to my dads garage is $273 (163 + 110)

defiently should of shopped around. Stick to the smaller "mom and pop" garages

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rick78 said:
.......................................ok,.......... well ........ uhhhhh.... our garage charges 89$ for a brake job (new pads, cut rotors) . New rotors average 25$ each. and about 24$ labor for us to clean the new rotors so they can be used.

so 89 + 50 + 24 = $163 for the everything with the brakes

shocks, about average of 30$ a shock, 1 hours labor to install, 50$

so shocks, 30 + 30 + 50 = $110

so total cost if you brought it to my dads garage is $273 (163 + 110)

defiently should of shopped around. Stick to the smaller "mom and pop" garages
trust me, i wanted to but my mom was like "well i get the discount here and we kno their honest" i was like "well they over charge so much the discount doesnt make a difference! and i dont trust these guys one bit. idk em!"

she just doesnt get it

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
1337 said:
I'm sorry but, you're stupid.
if you dont have something nice to say, dont say anything at all

haha if that were the case this forum would probably dissapear

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Rick78 said:
if you dont have something nice to say, dont say anything at all

haha if that were the case this forum would probably dissapear
Well it's true.. doing a simple task yourself and saving ATLEAST $400 instead you pay someone to do it for you, that's just stupid.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
1337 said:
Well it's true.. doing a simple task yourself and saving ATLEAST $400 instead you pay someone to do it for you, that's just stupid.
seriously, if you can't respect the decision he made for specific reasons that he provided, then you can go pound dirt.

i respect your decision to be a dick.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
No1TubaPlayer said:
seriously, if you can't respect the decision he made for specific reasons that he provided, then you can go pound dirt.

i respect your decision to be a dick.
Cody knows I'm just ****ing around with him..

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
This is funny.

Im pretty sure my s-10 is going to need the exact same things. Ive got the grinding sound when I stop, and my shocks are softer than **** on anything bigger than a speedbump.

Mom and pop shop ftw.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
RB said:
This is funny.

Im pretty sure my s-10 is going to need the exact same things. Ive got the grinding sound when I stop, and my shocks are softer than **** on anything bigger than a speedbump.

Mom and pop shop ftw.
Orrrrrrr

Do it yourself ftw.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
my posp told me a good way to test your shocks, to puch down no the trunk three times and if it bounces more then 1 time then they need to be replaced.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts