Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all listen to music and watch Movies and read books.
But what does it all mean?

Here's a cool one (that I actually posted elsewhere):

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - Beatles

Many people think that this song is about LSD. They cite the lyrics as being "Trippy" and that the LSD is an acronym for Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

Acutally, the song was written about John's son, Julian. His son made a fingerpainting at school of a classmate, Lucy, and some stars, and described it as "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds." John liked the phrase and it stuck.

Wouldn't it be cool to have an incredibly famous song named after you?

I am the Walrus - Beatles

There's a rumor that Paul wrote down everything John said on an acid trip, and the lyrics are nonsensical for that reason. However, this is not the case. In reality, John wrote the song as a "**** you" to everyone trying to over-intreprate his songs.

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Contribute if you have something interesting to share!

Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin

Supposedly, if you play it backwards, you hear "Oh here's to my sweet Satan." Robert Plant has adamantly denied any satanic connection. And for good reason; its complete bull. If you listen to it backwards WITHOUT the supposed lyrics, you'd never think of it. The song is actually about Lord of the Rings. I think. Any input here would be nice. Also rumored to be about nothing. Who knows?

It is widely regarded as one of the greatest songs of all time.

Forty-Two, as in Hitchiker's Guide - Douglas Adams

Its just an arbitrary two digit number. Nothing else.

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NYY said:
do you believe in "i bury paul"

Turn me on Dead Man!

Thats, "revolution number 9" backwards, a beatles song.

Ah the Paul is Dead rumor, famous and infamous. Ill put that one up next. Its fun to read about.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
pink floyd's DSOM is probably one of the most disputed syncs out there
if you dont know what im talking about, people say that their dark side of the moon album synchronizes with the movie wizard of oz but after checking it out myself im a little skeptical. but i may have done it wrong since i used my computer for the music and not the CD itself

read here:
http://classicrock.about.com/library/weekly/aa070297.htm

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
MrMacDude said:
The song is actually about Lord of the Rings. I think. Any input here would be nice. Also rumored to be about nothing. Who knows?
It's a song about hope. I'm pretty sure Stairway isn't about LotR, but a lot of Zeppelin's other songs are. Ramble On definitely is, as is Battle of Evermore.

-Jin

·
Registered
314 Posts
WE were talking about Quenns Bohemian Rhapsoedy(sp?) today in class supposedly backwards it says liek "i smoke marijuana" over and over again.

Any insight on that?

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, the song in question is "Another One Bites the Dust" as pointed out by tippy.

In theory, the chorus backwards is "Its fun to smoke marijuana." If you didn't have the "lyrics" in front of you WHILE it was being played backwards, you'd never EVER make that leap.

Brian May, the guitarist, also points out that its a load of horse ****.

·
Registered
314 Posts
It Probally is. People play it backwards and are probally like "hey that sounds like marijuana what can i make up about this song"

Just my guess anyways.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
somebody recently posted a site that has stairway backwards, another one bites the dust, a couple of beatles tunes(oddball ones) and a couple of others. most were easy to hear what was being said backwards.

Thanks for mentioning the 42 thing for me. to quote douglas himself(not verbatim though...) "it had to be a smalish number, nothing too big. I sat and though, 42, yes, that will work. End of story"

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lbreevesii said:
most were easy to hear what was being said backwards.
Yea, and if I showed you a painting of the virgin mary and a sheet of someone who wet the bed, you'd probably see the virgin mary.

Oh wait.... ;0

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
lol...thats hilarious (what you just said)

also one of britney spears' songs has a hidden message...if you play "hit me baby one more time, give me a sign" backwards...it says something like "sleep with me im not too young"

i forget where i heard that...i think ebaums world but im not 100% sure

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
42 is literally the answer to "Life, the universe, and everything" -- allegedly contains 42 characters including spaces... so that was what DA used... As for backwards masking and subliminal messages in music.. check out the discussions on websites like snopes.com.

But if you really want to blow your mind, go look up some complex palendromes (same word spelled forwards/backwards -- such as Bob.) The largest palendrome ever constructed was a messages some 15 pages long and it repeated the letters and spaces precisely if you read it front to back or visa versa. Now there is some creepy writing...

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MedicDVG said:
42 is literally the answer to "Life, the universe, and everything" -- allegedly contains 42 characters including spaces...

He actually picked 42 out of the blue, any coincidences are coincidental.

Allegedly? Easily verifiable, no?

MedicDVG said:
it repeated the letters and spaces precisely if you read it front to back or visa versa

Spaces too? It would just be a lists of palindromes....

Example w/o spaces:

Madam Im Adam

With spaces:

Bob racecar radar racecar bob

1 - 20 of 25 Posts