Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ihave been looking at the SP1 for some time, and I think i might just pick one up....but before I do I have a few unanswered questions about it.

1) What type of barrel does it come with stock. It almost looks like a 10 inch SP tactical barrel..but Im not sure.

2) Are the side tac rails on the gun removable?

3) How do you change firing modes...can it be done on the fly or do you need a tool to do it.

4) Do you need a electronic hopper to keep up with the gun.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
1. Yes

2. Pretty sure they are

3. Seems like you watched some of the smart parts vids about changing modes. You can indeed change modes on the fly

4. While an electric hopper is not needed, it helps a ton

·
Registered
9 Posts
Added to above post:

Rails do come off. They use small allen screws.

I bought an electronic hopper for mine. In retrospect, I didn't need to. I never use full auto in woodsball. It is just not my type of play. Single fire works best for me and so a gravity fed would have been fine, I suspect. I am very happy with my evo II though. Works great.

Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I wouldn't suggest a gravity hopper. I don't know about you, but when I shoot in semi a gravity hopper won't keep up with me. So it's best to get a nice electric hopper for this and later markers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Probably good advice above. Turns out, I just don't shoot much when I play. I'm more of a stalker/sniper type of player. I didn't know this when I bought the marker setup.

It does seem silly to get a marker that has a full auto mode without a decent electronic hopper!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already own a empire reloader B that I used on my DP F8, I assume that will be okay. Does anyone know if the SP1s feedneck is wide enough to accept the thick feedneck of the Reloader?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
well if you have a HPA tank go grab a HPA only marker, no need to waste your time on something that can use CO2 when you are never going to, but looking at your selection you seem like you want something that has a little bit of a mil sim look, if that is the case deffinatly go look at the BT TM-7 before comiting to the sp1

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well if you have a HPA tank go grab a HPA only marker, no need to waste your time on something that can use CO2 when you are never going to, but looking at your selection you seem like you want something that has a little bit of a mil sim look, if that is the case deffinatly go look at the BT TM-7 before comiting to the sp1
Does it really mater i the gun can take both HPA and Co2? I perfer a gun that can do either. I have both types of tanks.

Anyhow I actually played with a BT TM7 a few weeks back. Nice gun but out of my range now. Im not into the mil sim look as much as the feel and function of the gun. I perfer a single trigger and a gun that can shoot semi, but can switch over to full/burst if i get in a situation that needs it. I hate the guns like the F8 that require you to remove the grip panel and flip a switch to change firing moodes...really who has time for that nonsense(yeah I know its some tourney thing). Anyhow The SP1 seems to have everything Im looking for...and you guys pretty much sold me on it:)
Thanks.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
ya the grip panel thing is a tourny lock basically, if you have a double triggered electo you basically never need modes. i shoot semi all day and mow faces, if i were on ramping i would just be bonus balling people and wasting paint

1 - 13 of 13 Posts