Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not too long ago (well 5 mins any way) I discovered a small trick that should be able to turn a 98c into a full auto gun with the parts that are already in the gun and no real work needed.

And it is 2 simple things :looking

1. Take out the pin that the sear rests on
2. Extend the sear triper on the triger so the the sear now rests in it

The reason this should work is now the triger will hold the sear down so the bolt and hammer will not be caught on the blow back and will fly forward to cycle again. That will keep hapening till the trigger is released and the sear rises back up and catchs the hammer.

I have not tested this yet but should be able to do so tomarrow.

On a side note I now know why my roommates get scared when ever I Tinker with stuff or be alowed lots of caffine when doing so :devil:

This post will be edited soon and the tread will be cleaned up

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Its gonna cycle way faster than your hopper can feed. Basically its gonna turn into a paint blender. We've been down this road a thousand times. If you do this youre gonna need a qloader and lots of prayers.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nickxjones said:
pm when u test that out and tell me the results, seems interesting
Why not just post it here

26 BPS A bit slower then expected but with in the range of a few hoppers but a whole Q-Loader pod would be gone in less then 3.8 Sec

Vid can be found here

One thing i did notice was ther was a good bit of vibration mostly from the hammer flying back and forth

·
Registered
533 Posts
Smitty said:
Its gonna cycle way faster than your hopper can feed. Basically its gonna turn into a paint blender. We've been down this road a thousand times. If you do this youre gonna need a qloader and lots of prayers.
But what if one were to use a much stiffer spring?

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
skapunkin said:
But what if one were to use a much stiffer spring?

That would make it cycle faster or sputer

A softer spring would mean that it takes less force to return the hammer but it also comes forward at a slower rate

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
tippyninja said:
In that pic can you specify which pin you took out?
i did in the post text
Mortisdeum said:
1. Take out the pin that the sear rests on

·
Registered
533 Posts
Mortisdeum said:
That would make it cycle faster or sputer

A softer spring would mean that it takes less force to return the hammer but it also comes forward at a slower rate
alright - so its it possible to use a combination of soft springs to significantly slow the cycling down to a feedable rate like 12-16bps?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Bejeezus, mort, that thing shoots fast.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
skapunkin said:
alright - so its it possible to use a combination of soft springs to significantly slow the cycling down to a feedable rate like 12-16bps?
It may be possable I am still experimenting with it a little

CustomProDude said:
Bejeezus, mort, that thing shoots fast.
:cool:

I always aim for the best

PMAXX said:
Would that work on an A-5?
Not sure I would have to sit down with one to see if it can be done

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't think it will work on an A5, the trigger frame, springs, and all that jazz are totally different.

{e} And I think the A5 uses compression springs...and if that's the case, we still might be able to do something with it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
that is sick, cool find...you should mess with a SpyderXtra and figure out a way to make it full auto :)?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Smitty said:
so if i did that on my 98c would i be ok?...would the cyclone feeder handle it well? and is that ok for your gun? wouldn't it wear the crap out of your bolt?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I just am waiting for Mortis' to come back and tell us he is using two springs to slow cycling down to 16BPS.

Please come back, Mortis.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
skapunkin said:
I just am waiting for Mortis' to come back and tell us he is using two springs to slow cycling down to 16BPS.

Please come back, Mortis.
Sorry was out playing with my Ion cause it felt some what abandond

But while I was playing I got an idea to lower the rate it cycles with out replacing the drivespring

And it is to lower the pressure and/or get creative with a rear velocity adjuster.I am kinda leaning more to the gettting creative part.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Mortisdeum said:
Sorry was out playing with my Ion cause it felt some what abandond

But while I was playing I got an idea to lower the rate it cycles with out replacing the drivespring

And it is to lower the pressure and/or get creative with a rear velocity adjuster.I am kinda leaning more to the gettting creative part.
Keep us posted! wave:

1 - 20 of 191 Posts