Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
I notice it's an electric marker, it's also possible you could be out-shooting your hopper.

Are you using a gravity feed hopper (the one that came with your gun), or some sort of electric hopper?

By the way, one little note. Not trying to jump on you or anything, but try not typing in all caps next time. Lower case are a lot more easier on the eyes, if you catch my drift. :tup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I even tried it with no hopper and only co2 to see if it was the hopper but it still shot whenever it wanted. I havent lubed it yet. And i honestly dont know how lol. I'll make a video showing what it does. And sorry matrix agent bout posting this 2 times but i had no idea how to get to things on the forum.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
that is most definitely an electrical problem. Try it with a brand new battery and see what happens. if it's still not working, you can check th e wires to make sure they all have solid connections and are not touching anything else.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
It HAS to be your battery. You can still hear the clicking sound, so there's juice, just not enough. You can run you battery off of 9V regular batteries, but they're made for 9.6V batteries. Recharge or get namebrand 9V's

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a new battery. Its a Panasonic 9v. i guess i need rechargeable ones. Thanx and ill let u know if it works. Any suggestion on were 2 get the batteries or what kind 2 get?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
I think they run off of 9.6 like the Spyders do... If not though, they WILL work with the 9.6.

Just a question, you you have any old RC Cars laying around with the batteries and chargers still working? (Matrix should know where I'm going with this :p)

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
its pretty nifty though, I like it, it works, but then again, I never got the battery that was supposed to come with the gun, so I had to think of something that would let me play :D

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
To thread-starter, you certainly don't need rechargeable batteries to run your gun. I've owned two spyders and haven't used anything other than the 9 volts at the dollar store.

Also, the RC Car battery thing sounds like a good idea, but it seems really impractical for this situation. It sounds more and more like it might be the gun malfunctioning than your battery. I know 9 volts are expensive, I would give a fresh 9 volt another try, and then call Zap.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
they're actually really easy to make, only about 10-30 min depending on how much you know about electronics and how good you are with your equipment.

RC Car Battery Mod

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, I had the exact same problem about a year ago with my old JT marker and it turned out to be a loose wire inside. I have pointed out the wiring causing the problem in this picture, be careful when pulling the wiring around, if it breaks away from the board your marker could be in trouble. Best way to test it is to leave the battery connected and click the trigger once a second while gently moving the wiring around. If it is the same problem I had then the marker should start firing consistently after a little wiggling.

From the picture on your first post there appears to be quite alot of 'baggy' wiring around, if you have been playing about inside you may have made one of them loose. This is called a 'High resistance disconnect' or HR dis, it is where the wire is broken away inside the insulation while the insulation remains in one piece so can be hard to spot. If this is the case then I cant emphasise enough how careful you should be.

Good Luck :)

p.s. I notice there are quite a few people on this board who have had a similar problem, point them to this post, it's definately worth a try.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts