Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's considered a high end woodsball gun. And what makes a gun good for woodsball?

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Get a tippmann, that's all you need for woods. If you wanna play both woods and speedball, get a spyder.

·
12,110 Posts
Naw, I suggest an older cocker for the woods. You get way better performance then a spyder, but it onyl costs about 1 or 200 more hten a spyder as opposed to 5 or 600. Find a 2000 autococker somewhere. You'll be happy. Just learn to take care of it, and make sure you get a god air system to go with it.

IF your cheap like me, get an 80 dollar piranha, upgrade it with a barrel, HPa/Foregrip+bottomline/Electro Trigger/Hopper. Then you can stand your own in the woods and in speedball.

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
If you're asking this question, you're probably not ready for a highend, so don't worry about it! lol.

Just stick with whatever feels best to you. I can scream Mag in your face all day, but that doesnt mean you should get a mag. Tinker with what you can get your hands on, and see what fits you the best. That's all i can tell you.

- Brian

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ Good reply and your right.

I already have a victor 2 and I have my plans laid out for it. It was something i was jsut wondering, ya know.

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
Totally can understand that.

There are so many high-ends out there, and a lot of them aren’t that much of a step up in performance. I know people love their Timmy’s, but a few experiences with people around that had them showed that they aren’t the most reliable markers out there. I’ve shot them, I dislike them. Same with Cockers. They seem more trouble then they’re worth. When I played with one I found nothing special about it, I actually prefer my Carbine to the cocker!

My love is definitely with Automags. Totally different feel then anything I’ve every used before. Not many like them though, but that’s fine by me. As long as you like the marker in your hands, and you feel extremely comfortable with it, that’s all that matters.

- Brian

·
Registered
101 Posts
i agree with headley about the cockers. I think there just to much trouble sometimes, and i would rather shoot alot of other guns. My frined has had tons of problems with his. ( he might just be 2 stupid to figure it out but still)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Alpha said:
Naw, I suggest an older cocker for the woods. You get way better performance then a spyder, but it onyl costs about 1 or 200 more hten a spyder as opposed to 5 or 600. Find a 2000 autococker somewhere. You'll be happy. Just learn to take care of it, and make sure you get a god air system to go with it.

IF your cheap like me, get an 80 dollar piranha, upgrade it with a barrel, HPa/Foregrip+bottomline/Electro Trigger/Hopper. Then you can stand your own in the woods and in speedball.
This is the route I went also. Piranhas are sick guns for the price, you can get an e-framed fish on xpaintball for 99. You can upgrade hopper and air then use those same ups when you upgrade the gun itself.

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
you know whats funny...my friend said not to like fall on my bushmaster when I went paintballin cause he heard thye break easy when you do that...so in the 4th game of CTF i fall and drop,and guess what happens...it works better.maybe when I fell it tweaked the fps or something...

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
i got a pirhana in the players pack (a GT), and all i upgraded was my barrel to a 12 inch. it works fine, gets done what i need it too.
in woods ball there's not really such thing a "low end" marker, other than some, and i stress some, pumps, and other really cheap semis, but just about everything else will work.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Koopy said:
^ definently
I got a Piranha EXT Pro 2k3 at www.xpaintball.com I added a SP All-American Barrel, on drop forward and a Halo TSA hopper. Not many 'cockers can outperform it.
you have an 18" barell... cockers are far more upgradable, reliable, and all around awsome than fisheys. Mission hill is on or i would go furthar into point.

·
Registered
757 Posts
SpYdErGuY7080 said:
you have an 18" barell... cockers are far more upgradable, reliable, and all around awsome than fisheys. Mission hill is on or i would go furthar into point.
for <200 bucks which is what he spent on his fish, i'd go with the fish rather than a cocker that has seen some use

thats just me tho

1 - 20 of 41 Posts