Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me crazy, but at least bear with me on this one. I know when your playing woodsball (all I play) its probably better to have a quieter marker. I, however, am somewhat of a power nut and like things to sound loud as hell (my car radio, guns, movies ect..). So my question is can a tippy 98c be made any louder than it already is? I like to scare the crap out of the people Im playing with when they get really close to my position or when I sneak up on them. Like I said, kinda stupid, I know. But anyone with the knowledge on how to do this let me know. :naughty

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive done this allready and it looks kinda retarted and kinda has mixed results.
you take a funnel that fits the end of your barrel real good and point the open end away from you so others her it loud and point it back twards you so you hear loud.
its kinda fun and retarted..

~spoon

·
Registered
33 Posts
Uhmm...you could try no barrel at all lol. It won't break but it's loud :dodgy:.
You better get awful close to people if you use a really short barrel though. And if your playing up close don't bother getting a flatline. Actually don't get a flatline AT ALL if all you wan't to do is make your gun louder.

·
Registered
27 Posts
drill some holes around the bolt opening area...

idk, just my theory... by drilling some holes, you will definately open more spaces for the excessive air to come out, creating bigger noise....

·
Registered
33 Posts
frank84 said:
drill some holes around the bolt opening area...

idk, just my theory... by drilling some holes, you will definately open more spaces for the excessive air to come out, creating bigger noise....
Would that actually work? One would think that would act the same way as the ports in the barrel do...but I wouldn't know because I'm not about to drill a hole through my marker...

·
Registered
33 Posts
sharpeye3000 said:
wouldnt making more ports make it more silent?
That's what I mean, but he's talking about drilling holes by the bolt. I don't know if it's worth drilling a hole through a $200.00 marker to see if it makes it louder...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have to try that now...I just have to...now to afford a Gatoraide...hmm...

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
If you want to scare the crap out of them, every time they come close to you, light a firecracker..

But yeah, usually the shorter the barrel, the louder it is, I think the stock 8 inch barrel is loud enough, but like someone said up there, don't waste money on a Flatline barrel to make it louder. I've seen barrels that were two inches long, they were loud as anything, but had a strange boomerang effect..

·
Registered
33 Posts
That was me :), I also said if you get a barrel shorter than 8" you better be a hell of a lot closer than normal. So just be careful your not trying to shoot them at 100 feet lol. You could try taking the barrel off lol. It's loud like that too and the balls go pretty good, 'cept they don't break :shrug: .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts