Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I know RAP makes great paintball grenade launchers but their prices aren't exactly the most affordable, plus they don't actually shoot a grenade-like projectile (just a collection of paintballs kinda like a shotgun). But if someone was to design a more affordable grenade-launcher either standalone or as an attactment via a weaver rail, would people buy it? I would like to hear your opinions. Do you think there is a demand for paintball grenade launchers if they were priced right and advertised? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
There is a market for undermount launchers just look at the success of the HAVOC from Metadyne. If you could make something as high quality as that for a lower price you might have a winner. Just remember that they are mostly used as scenario props for example a successful hit eliminates everyone from a bunker or takes out a tank. Many fields don't allow them for regular games and I've even been to a few fields that won't even allow them for scenario games. The trouble is that paintballs break on impact and solid projectiles don't and could break a mask lens or even just knock someones mask off.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
There is a market for undermount launchers just look at the success of the HAVOC from Metadyne. If you could make something as high quality as that for a lower price you might have a winner. Just remember that they are mostly used as scenario props for example a successful hit eliminates everyone from a bunker or takes out a tank. Many fields don't allow them for regular games and I've even been to a few fields that won't even allow them for scenario games. The trouble is that paintballs break on impact and solid projectiles don't and could break a mask lens or even just knock someones mask off.

Yup, none of the fields that I frequent allow for rec play.

AT LEASLT 1 does allow during scenarios however. Not sure about the others.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey who would like a launcher that would "thow" a paint grenade? Not to hit some one with, but rather to get everyone in the room or behind a bunker?
It's iffy. Insurance wise, most fields don't allow it because of the safety risk involved. A Nerf rocket fired at the face could knock a mask off. Similarly, anything that's launching a paint grenade could do the same thing. Fields that actually do allow launchers for rec ball tend to have established rules, such as a Nerf rocket hitting a bunker means those behind it are out, etc. But that requires more refs, as you probably wouldn't have very much luck trying to tell the two guys behind that pallet that even though they weren't hit by a paintball, they're out.

Besides, anything a launcher could do with a paint grenade, you could probably do more accurately with your arm.

·
Avid Musician
138 Posts
It's iffy. Insurance wise, most fields don't allow it because of the safety risk involved. A Nerf rocket fired at the face could knock a mask off. Similarly, anything that's launching a paint grenade could do the same thing. Fields that actually do allow launchers for rec ball tend to have established rules, such as a Nerf rocket hitting a bunker means those behind it are out, etc. But that requires more refs, as you probably wouldn't have very much luck trying to tell the two guys behind that pallet that even though they weren't hit by a paintball, they're out.

Besides, anything a launcher could do with a paint grenade, you could probably do more accurately with your arm.
agreed thumup:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
It's highly unsafe to allow launchers to fire anything other than Nerf rockets, and all launchers should be carefully inspected and chronographed before their use is permitted. I do think there is a niche market for them among the scenario crowd, but considering the high cost of a decent quality launcher and the stunning amount of cRAP on the market, many people tend to build their own rather than massively overpay for what is essentially a bit of tube and a valve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts