Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to paintball and will soon be buying a marker. I have been looked around and have decided on getting the Spyder MR1 and upgrading the grip to the spyder rocker trigger. I play mostly woodsball with the occasional speedball here and there. Does this sound like a good choice or would you suggest something else.

Thanks for your time.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
The spyder VS series is great for beginners, but I would not get the rocking trigger. If possible, just save the money for a VS2. People seem to like them better than the vs and vs3.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reason i wanted to stay away from the vs series is because they all run on compressed air. Those tank are super expensive.

·
394 Posts
If a Compressed air tank is to expensive, look into the Spyder VS1. It can run on C02 well and is a very nice beginner marker. I would take a VS1 over a MR1 any day.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
The VS1 is fine on CO2. With a little work the 2 is as well. Best deal running on spyders right now is the vs1 with vs2 frame combo actionvillage has had.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
The rocking frame is terrible. It's a gimmick that teaches bad habits.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
The VS series already uses an electronic grip frame.

TxAggie:

I cannot seem to find this VS1 with 2 gripframe deal on AV. if it's the same as your link, it seems that it's no longer avaliable :(

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Looks like the vs1 is the same price as the vs2 now, but the deal isn't running anymore.

·
Registered
52 Posts
yeah dont get the rocking trigger. and also you cant be a noob in paintball. lol. you rock if you play and suck if you dont. but like toxic said, the vs1 or vs2 are great. the rocking trigger is way to much work and it takes a longgggg time to acually get the hang of it. so heres what i suggest:

marker-spyder vs2-$134.95
hopper-halo tsa-$44.50 (dont buy hoppers from walmart.)
tank- try and get a used nitrogen tank on ebay because it is so much more reliable than co2. also co2 doesnt work with all guns.
then you know that rest(mask,harness, pods, and what ever else.
you can get all of it on actionvillage.com (thats where i got prices) and if you can UPGRADE YOUR BARREL. all the guns i owned say the stock barrel is great. screw that.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
if you can afford a hpa tank and know where you can get a hpa tank filled nearby to where you're playing, got a vs2. if not, get a vs1.

for a hopper I'm going to suggest a halo b or reloader b. the halo tsa is a decent hopper, but it's the same thing as a revy(and you can buy those for $30 if you get lucky)

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey the spyder RS comes out march 1st so if i where you i would just wait till then. Its pretty much a VS2 that runs on CO2 with some upgrades. It's a tad pricey and since your a beginner i would get the VS1 and possibly some upgrades.

link

1 - 16 of 16 Posts