Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Im obviously new here and will appreciate any help you guys can give me. I just picked up a Spyder Imagine from a guy who said it has leak, I took it apart to replace the o-rings and clean it and the first thing I notice is the striker buffer is missing. What kind of problems can this cause? But, onto my bigger issue. I am attempting to reassemble it and I can get the striker back into the frame. It goes in a bit, then a bit more if I pull the trigger or manually move the disk in the handle but thats it it simply wont go in any further. Thank in advance for any help you guys can provide.

Also, I have a maddman spring kit I bought for my Spyder TL a long time ago and never used. These will fit the imagine right? Which striker spring should I use?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
1. The buffer, while small, is pretty important
It keeps wear and tear on your gun down to a minimum, look into getting a new one

2. Keep pushing the striker and pulling the trigger, it should get in there. Make sure it's connected to the bolt while you do this

3. Yes it will fit, and people generally use a lighter valve spring and a heavier main spring for low pressure setups

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd get a new buffer if I were you. They save on the wear on your marker.
And for putting the striker back in. I think on Syders you need to use the trigger frame and push the striker into the sear then pull the trigger to drop the sear (like you were going to shoot it). If this doesn't work try dropping the trigger frame just enough to slide the striker in. This method is also easier on the striker oring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick responses, I know the buffer is important and Im definitely replacing it. I was just afraid of what damage could have been done if he fired without it. Ive tried for over an hour to get the striker in with while just playng witht he sear, ZIll try looseing up the trigger frame tomorrow. Thanks for the ideas.

As far as the springs go, the main springs are obvious, but which ones are the valve springs? The package says there is 2 but none of the springs are even remotely similar. Can you tell me which to use, according to this pic?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
#1 looks like the sear spring. #2 looks like the valve spring. #3 I'm not sure about, maybe the spring for the flush cocking system if it has one. I'm not sure I'm not as familiar with Spyders as I am with Piranhas. the Small one on the bottom looks like it is for the trigger (assuming it's mechanical). and the other three are for the striker. At least that's my $0.02, weather or not it's right will be determined by someone else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I could be wrong too just so you know. If a spring don't seem to fit right then I was wrong, but this should at least point you in the right direction.

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
#3 looks like a valve spring for a spyder with a "front block" and #2 looks like a valve spring for spyders without a "front block" (MR series.)
Couldn't tell ya unless I was holding them though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts