Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was ask something I know nothing about, so I went online and read up a bit

1. What is Airsoft, I know it used a 6mm round projectile, but how does it relate to Standard Paintball Games
2. I see mention of Paintball Soft Walk On using a .50 Cal ball ?? verses a .68 Cal ball
3. Has the standard shifted to a .50 Cal or is it still .68 Cal.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Airsoft

Thanks again to all of you
I was not sure what it was.
When I started Playing it was in the early 80's and we played BB wars in Laguna Hills
Then the 50 cal paint handguns came around and Paintball was created
I started going to SC Village which was called "Sat Cong Village" at that time and,
there was only one field and it was open equipment, meaning you could use anything.
I at one time had a machine gun build in calabasas, ca. that fired 10
rounds in less than the time you could say cheese, course then the clip was empty.
At that time their was a very small paint ball that we called paint-pellet, but they died
out and when the first auto-cockers came out it seems to have shifted to the 68 cal
I can remember when you would see Daisy BB rifles that were converted to Paintball
guns, so it was a while back when I had first seem those small pellets, now it seems
they have came back around. Heck back then we were allowed to use small paint filled
balloons as grenades, and there were no field boundaries, but that was what thirty years ago.
Giving away my age here
CYA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts