Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in order to not clutter up a thread, I'm going to move everything here. This is the link to the first thread.

First of all, to comment on the stolen idea part.

We worked with Pneu-Ventures to make the first shocker. It was OUR engineer who made it work. We split the patent with them 50/50. They decided to go on their own and try to make the gun themselves, and then ran into problems. We offered to help them out which they declined. They basically ended up going out of business and we were forced to purchase their half of the patent. If we did not, then we would not have been able to uphold the patent, and I would have made it null and void. I used to be a Smart Parts hater myself. If there are any problems that you may with Smart Parts, please post so I am able to provide you with correct information. The biggest problem with the SP Haters is misinformation.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ah now this shoudl be interesting, a supposed smart parts representative. I was wondering when you guys would show up.

now let me see. You created a product and allowed them to produce and market it, when you turned your backs on them and went ahead and made it anyhow with the guize of "helping them"

Tell us more about the magic box, the AKA/Automag suit, your crappy choice of aluminum for some of the first shockers, and your patent for the already completed gas-through-frame idea. I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting as well.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
My question for you would be, why did the Nerve fail? I thought they were pretty good markers. :shrug:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Bad marketing, simply put. Why do y'all sue the **** outta companies that are doing nothing but good for the paintball sport?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to catch everything up on the other thread. I think this is everything that has been said. hopefully it will continue in this one instead of the other one.
I am sorry, but SP has screwed me more than once. I shipped my ion to them for broken wiring, It was new and I also was the first owner, the gun also was never shot. I shipped it to them Last March and it came back in June with the same problem as I shipped it. I called them about it and they told me, that is was user error which caused this problem. I bought the gun brand spankin new at my local shop. I am ended up selling it on the nation for half I paid for it. Since my local shop couldn't help me with it.

The lawsuits are also out of hand, and don't tell me SP has never sued anyone.
and in reply
I apologize that you had a problem with our product. We have a very good online presence now and we have been listening to the customers and changing things more so over this past year then ever. If you ever have a problem with Smart Parts, feel free to call, email, or PM me anytime. Our turn around times right now are even 1-3 days. We have also been working on our customer service as well. Of course companies make mistakes, and don't get me wrong, they do happen. We are trying to fix our past issues as much as possible. As far as lawsuits go, we have not been involved in one in about 3 years. The last one was when WDP came after Smart Parts and we won on all counts except 1, which was due to the data link. That was over turned later on and so we won on all counts.

Sean Scott
Smart Parts
Sales Representative and Scenario Coordinator
1-800-992-2147 ext 4648
[email protected]
Kennys asked him why WDP sued SP.
I really do not rememeber to be honest. I just remember the data link thing because we had to epoxy the plug ins on our boards for re-flashing. WDP put out a big press release on how they won against us, and then when it was overturned, and we did not do a big press release. The problem with the "lawsuits" per se is that we really have never spoken about them in public, so people have assumed what really happened. Stephen Colbert coined the phrase "wiki-ality" based on wikipedia. If enough people says it is true, therefore, it must be true. And that is one of the major problems that we have caused by not speaking public about what actually happened.
Martix_agent said:
Sean, how long have you been working for SP and what is your job?
I guess I should post about the actual question at hand as well. I am captain of the Smart Corps. We have won the SPPL 2 years in a row now. This past one, Billy made us all shoot the SP1. I was a little worried about it... since it was not even out yet and I am used to my guns. I did not want to have to shoot something else that I am not used. Anyways... we all played with them. No ball break, no guns went down. They shot flawless and was very very accurate with the freak system I used. I can play with any Smart Parts gun and I own them all... I will be shooting an SP1 all year this year. Low maintenance, easy to grease due to the bob, looks cool, does not break paint, true electro-pneumatic so there is only 1 moving part, accurate, now has select fire mode, clamping feed neck, virtually indestructuable glass fiber filled nylon body and frame, and CO2 and HPA compatable... what more can you ask for???

As far as the videos go, there are more new ones going up today that show even more indpeth about the Vibe and SP1.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sean, you're a player for a SP sponsored team? Of course you'll stick up for them; I'm simply ashamed that you would go against what you believe to be sponsored by them. If I were in position of being offered a sponsorship by them, I'd take whatever they give me and tear it up right in front of them. This isn't so much about the markers they currently make than the shady business practices. I'll admit that the newer stuff they have isn't all that bad and if you read any of my views of SP, you'll realize that's hard for me to say.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow look what I created from just a simple question. Well anyway I am not trying to say your a lier but Sean is there anyway you can verify your on a Smart Parts team and isn't it ironic how I ask a question then they put new videos up.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's been brewing for a while Shooter. I'm sorta disappointed he's only a team member, and not a SP spokesman as his irst post came across as.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's been brewing for a while Shooter. I'm sorta disappointed he's only a team member, and not a SP spokesman as his irst post came across as.
Maybe he could get a spokesman to come on here for us.
I have nothing against Smart Parts I just think it's interesting how diffrent peoples views are on stuff like this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I do work for Smart Parts. The Smart Corps is our factory SPPL/woodsball/scenario team and I am the captain of that as well. I am a sales representative for Smart Parts as well as the Scenario Coordinator. I also have a very large presence online through pbnation. Sorry that it took me a bit to post, I had to pick up mu truck and we have also had tech classes going on for our dealers the past 2 days. If you have questions about anything, I will answer to the best of my knowledge (which is quite vast in paintball). Obviosuly there is stuff I am unable to talk about, but I will try my best.

If you would like me to answer anything, please post an atual question, not something vague. I need specific things to answer to. I will try also to check this over the weekend as well. Vague would be "shady business practices." If you tell me why you think we do, I will be more than happy to respond. If you do not believe me about working for Smart Parts, look at our videos under the SP1 on the website. I am on the flash light mounting and some other ones that will be going live today.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I do work for Smart Parts. The Smart Corps is our factory SPPL/woodsball/scenario team and I am the captain of that as well. I am a sales representative for Smart Parts as well as the Scenario Coordinator. I also have a very large presence online through pbnation. Sorry that it took me a bit to post, I had to pick up mu truck and we have also had tech classes going on for our dealers the past 2 days. If you have questions about anything, I will answer to the best of my knowledge (which is quite vast in paintball). Obviosuly there is stuff I am unable to talk about, but I will try my best.

If you would like me to answer anything, please post an atual question, not something vague. I need specific things to answer to. I will try also to check this over the weekend as well. Vague would be "shady business practices." If you tell me why you think we do, I will be more than happy to respond. If you do not believe me about working for Smart Parts, look at our videos under the SP1 on the website. I am on the flash light mounting and some other ones that will be going live today.
Why did it take Smart Parts so long to adopt the superior break-beam eye features?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
lol, that coulda simply been company policy(though if you get a good tech, I'm sure they'd fix it any way). I had a good experience with the CS of SP. Sent in my cousins ion because the noid had gone out and I pinched some battery wires, all of that was fixed free of charge.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Why did it take Smart Parts so long to adopt the superior break-beam eye features?
We still feel that the reflective eye is more superior than the break beam. We changed due to the market.

Why didn't you fix my ion? to lazy?
If it were me, it would have been done right in the first place :)
Once again, I still apologize for your bad experience with our company.

lol, that coulda simply been company policy(though if you get a good tech, I'm sure they'd fix it any way). I had a good experience with the CS of SP. Sent in my cousins ion because the noid had gone out and I pinched some battery wires, all of that was fixed free of charge.
We are not bad people :)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Oh I know this, there just have been some business ethics that I haven't been happy with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We have made past mistakes, don't get me wrong there. But we have been changing internally over the years since I have been here and it has been all for the better. We are also a family run and owned business. All of our guns are manufactured here in the states with the exception of the plastics. We have our own machine shop that makes every single metal part. I think we are one of the few companies left that have not sold out to investment companies and we never will. Smart Part is what I use to call a good ole boys club. You had to know someone there to get anything done. That old boys club has been broken up and we have change quality control, customer service, policies concerning new dealers, policies on MAP... etc etc. Everything we have been doing has been with the industry and the brick and motar stores in mind and the future of paintball.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I am off to home now. I will try to answer more over the weekend. The wife and I are doing our weekly ritual of going out to dinner and drinking with friends.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts