Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They just announced that there is a tornado watch here, man, i guess hurricane days arent all that..... Oh well, at least its not a warning because that would suck and we'd probably have to stay here till it was over because we are about to leave. woohoo, 3 day weekend for me!!!!!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
We have a tornado watch too. It came up while I was watching... Argh what was the show's name? Crap... I forget.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rebel Yell said:
Aren't tornado watches worse than warnings? If not, my 8th grade science teacher is a stupid *****.
Your 8th grade science teacher is a stupid *****. watches is when there could be one, warning is when they see one and its bearing down on your ass.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Watch = There is a high possibility of one forming. Warning = There is a comfirmed report of a funnel cloud in contact with the ground. I know this os well because I've lived in Texas, Oklahoma, and am now living in Kansas.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Naw, warnings aren't bad either. The funnel is usually very small and has little chance of damage. Usually when a bad cell moves through here in Iowa, (bad as in most of iowa) there is about 20 funnels reported to have touched the ground at in a few minutes. Only one or two of those will cause any damage, even if they do they are more likely to occur in isolated areas. If this were a more populated state it would be different.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im just glad im only getting the side of it, but anyone in the few countys north of me is gonna have full blown hurricane winds.

IF YOU GUYS SEE THE EYE PLEASE TAKE PICS FOR ME!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts