Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is crazy!

First it's Quiet Riot singer Kevin DuBrow, then Hawthorn Heights guitarist Casey Calvert, and then Redskins safety Sean Taylor! All since Sunday!

wtf.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well duh, yes people die every day. But you don't hear "[Celebrity] died today" three days in a row.

They don't know how Casey died. I think the autopsy is pending.

·
Uhh... I slay Dogfish
594 Posts
Do the dead really deserve respect, just because they died?

I don't believe so.

People should be respected based upon how they lived and what they did.
QFT, not saying that you should go like **** on the graves of murderers or anything. But if a rapist/ murderer was sentenced to death, do you think he deserves respect just because he's dead?

·
<a href="http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
Do the dead really deserve respect, just because they died?

I don't believe so.

People should be respected based upon how they lived and what they did.
Well,technically, it's talking behind someone's back because they can't do **** about it. This makes it disrespectful, just because someone's dead now doesn't mean you can say whatever you wish about them, it's just a matter of respect.

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
Well,technically, it's talking behind someone's back because they can't do **** about it. This makes it disrespectful, just because someone's dead now doesn't mean you can say whatever you wish about them, it's just a matter of respect.
they can haunt you

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
Well once again, respect is an earned quality, not an inherent one. Just because someone is dead now doesn't mean I can't say whatever I wish about them.

And who's to say people care what others say about them after they are dead in the first place?

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Well once again, respect is an earned quality, not an inherent one. Just because someone is dead now doesn't mean I can't say whatever I wish about them.

And who's to say people care what others say about them after they are dead in the first place?
I feel the same way.
the biggest thing is that since peopel just lost somebody they care d abotu deeply, it's not wise to say something bad about them. If you dont' have anything to say good, dont' say anything. It's more about the peopel living than the people dead.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I feel the same way.
the biggest thing is that since peopel just lost somebody they care d abotu deeply, it's not wise to say something bad about them. If you dont' have anything to say good, dont' say anything. It's more about the peopel living than the people dead.
Since when is a crappy musician who ~100% of people have never met, let alone gotten to know, someone that people care deeply about.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I remember the last time we had some sort of death thread the same thing happened.

Anyhow, I wasn't trying to disrespect or anything, because I used to listen to the guys music. I guess you could say I was poking fun. Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come out as disrespectful.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I remember the last time we had some sort of death thread the same thing happened.

Anyhow, I wasn't trying to disrespect or anything, because I used to listen to the guys music. I guess you could say I was poking fun. Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come out as disrespectful.

No no not you. I totally agree with what you were saying.

It was OhRly's response to you that that was directed to. You're good.

EDIT: Gatorade guy link - http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=3920465

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
Believe it or not, some people practically worship Hawthorne Heights.

Regardless if you like their music or not, Hawthorne Heights have done a lot of good things to help people directly through their music, and at the benefit of. Casey was a more than halfway decent human being who I personally have met before, and it's a shame to see him go.

R.I.P.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts