Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I got an A5 that was supposed to be in good condition on friday. So far I've found a missing oring in the responce trigger that works better now. The gun also seems to be a gass hog and it dosn't always blow back and cock completely. It has an afternarket bolt that I think is causing the gas consumption/ failure to cock problems.

here is my question for any A5er with the will to take off your autofeeder. On a factory gun is the fount bolt oring visable through the ball feed hole when the gun is decocked (bolt the whole way forward)? I think my gun has the wrong bolt in it.

thanks

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
A5s are known to be gas hogs, there isnt anything you can do about it. the combination of spool valve and cyclone feed system make for a giant air hog.

anyways, i checked my tippmann 98c and with the stock bolt, you cant see the o-ring when the gun is not cocked. A5s may be different or the particular bolt may be different, but as long as the bolt itself is long enough it shouldnt matter where the o-ring is.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
They're CVX valved like the 98. Right about them being hungry for air though...not much to do about that.

Check out the rear bolt O-ring and see if that's sealing properly on the powertube. Give everything a light oiling and put a drop on all the O-rings you can find as well, if you haven't already.

The bolt being visible should be normal.

Does it have any other parts on it that aren't stock? regulator? Were you using air or CO2?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips guys. No stock bolt came with it. Tipman lists a long bolt and a short bolt in the parts list fot the a5. Is that oring nesseary to help cycle the marker? The engineers puit it there for some reason. How many balls should an a5 shoot on a 20oz tank of co2?

Thanks in advance

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Sure about the two bolts? I only see the front bolt and rear bolt.

The O-ring on the front bolt is supposed to seal against the barrel when you shoot and help all the air to push the paintball instead of blowing around inside the gun. The one on the rear bolt seals against the inside of the power tube so that the rearbolt (hammer) will blow-back into the cocker position. It should have no problem working without the front bolt ring, but the back one missing could cause some problems.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
on a 20oz co2 tank for an A5 ive heard from 300-700 shots, so expect somewhere around there.

isnt CVX just a name? i couldve sworn tippys used spool valves, but maybe im wrong...

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
CVX is a Tippmann only name for the valve as far as I know. I'm really not sure what design it is or is based on. Really doesn't look like a poppet like a spyder or so on, and it's all in-line for what that's worth.

·
Registered
559 Posts
My friend Jesse got a aftermarket bolt and the bolt wasnt wide enough for the o-ring to seal inside the chamber so the gas leaked past the bolt abling it to fire but not recock. he decided not to put it in his gun, although it may work to get a bit fatter o-ring and keep it well oiled. or just put the stock bolt back in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts