Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently bought a used A5 with the HE grip and when hooked up to air pulling the trigger causes auto firing bursts every time, and with the egrip off. Seems to be normal with no air attached, replaced sear, sear spring, rear bolt, internal orings and trigger/drive springs. I've seen similar issues but still no solution, any help is appreciated.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
This is the "braaaaaaap" sound that a tippman makes when it's low on air, or is it actually capable of shooting a paintball for each shot?

What sort of tank are you using? If it's compressed air, there's a good chance that the output pressure is not high enough. tippmans want 850+ PSI in order to operate properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It still shoots the balls in hopper, don't know if at nomal speed. Using a geurilla 48/3 air tank, works with my other guns (98's) though I'll try my buddies tank tomorrow. Thanks for reply.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
800 is fine. it's definately not being starved for air, if it's shooting balls each time.

you say that it does this with the egrip off? Does this have some sort of mechanical over ride trigger like the crossover?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe so, the trigger will push the sear enough without the egrip feedback, but it doesn't make the same clicking noise as with the grip on (I think that's just the egrip pushing the sear back into place to wait for the trigger). So I think the answer is yes, I can "shoot" with no air or egrip power.

If it helps it's this one:
https://www.tippmannparts.com/Tippmann-A-5-H-E-Grip-V3-Manual-p/man_563.htm

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
sounds like something isnt adjusted correctly then. Somewhere between the trigger and the sear im willing to bet you will find your issue.

side note, tippmann manuals are some of the worst in the industry....i really hate them

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There was a slider in there that wasn't needed for the egrip, after taking it out it has the same problem with the egrip on. What kind of adjustment are you thinking? I'm not sure what else could be, probably something on the grip itself? Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It stops with releasing the trigger, and does not happen with egrip off. The settings seem to be at default on the grip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts