Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often should you oil/lube the A5, and how do you do it?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I do it about every other game or every other month....depends on how often you play really. If you think you have used the marker alot during a game lube it after that game. Or before the next time you play.

Its really your choice....just dont go crazy lubing it too much...you dont need to do it if you only have shot about 500 times or lower...Id safe its safe to lube every 1500 to 2000 shots IMO. Im no expert tho!

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
I'm no A-5 owner, so bear with me.

When you have it apart to clean it or anything, give the O-ring you find a drop of oil and let it run into an even coat.

Every case or so you can try the following. I've found it to be a good method.

When you're done, make sure there's no paint in your marker. Take off the barrel and air tank. Now put four or five drops of oil into the ASA (Air adaptor). Try to get them to fall into the small air intake hole. Put the airtank back on and head outside if you're not already. Fire a dozen or so shots off and the oil will be blown through the gun and will get the internals and valve seals. It'll spray a little oil, so that's why you have the barrel removed and are not in your house.

That will also cure most 'leaking down the barrel' or 'valve leaking' problems.

·
Registered
559 Posts
As often as u wish. and how... open it up put oil all over in your chamber tube from end-cap to barrel adapter spred it around a little put it back togeather air it up and dryfire it like 10 times so it spreads evenly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts