Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LiquidMonkeyPhotography
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to be playing in very snowy and cold conditions for a lil bit. Is there anything I need to worry about as far as performance, technical malfunctions, air ect....

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
you will only have issues if you are using CO2 as the cold will limit the rate it can boil off and expand at.

paint sometimes has issues with the cold but there are a few winter formula paints out there that are designed for the cold

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The Cyclone will destroy regular paint so winter paint is a must.

If using CO2 don't try to keep the tanks warm by covering them up that makes things worse and don't try to use those chemical hand warming things either just keep the tanks indoors as long as possible.

Make sure the marker is well cleaned of any gunk and that it is only lightly oiled. The cold will cause everything to gum up and you want as little extra gummed up crap as possible.

·
LiquidMonkeyPhotography
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Up in the mountains ya it snows.... thats really one of the only places to play sum ghetto ball in SD... and it sux cuz im using co2 my air tank hasnt come back from retesting yet... :mad:

·
LiquidMonkeyPhotography
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mmm.. fo sho.. ya I jjust got a tippy a5 all worked up... cyclone feed, R.T. its pretty sick but wanting to make it better and more efficient, any suggestions. so im dying to try it out...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
mmm.. fo sho.. ya I jjust got a tippy a5 all worked up... cyclone feed, R.T. its pretty sick but wanting to make it better and more efficient, any suggestions. so im dying to try it out...
My suggestion is to just stop right now. Tippmanns are fun to tinker with but they are money pits. You start with a $200 Tippmann and then you start adding a few parts to "upgrade" and before you know it you have a $200 Tippmann with $300 upgrades and it is still being outperformed by a $300 marker. The bottom line is that there is only so much you can do to a Tippmann that makes a difference.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
yes, sell it, get something else...anything else

·
Stripper Supporter
1,199 Posts
From what I remember, there seem to be a lot of Minis floating around San Diego. I haven't been home in a little bit, so this may be different now, but I seem to remember there being quite a few on craigslist. Honestly, minis are too small for me, but I'm 6'3 so most everything is a little on the smaller side. There are also quite a few older DMs, and PMRs out there. Keep in mind that all of these markers will require you to either get an HPA tank (which most fields in San Diego only supply this now), or regulate your CO2 tank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts