Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Illuminated
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a double trigger and resposne trigger in my new A5, and I immediately developed a problem. Unless I have the RT adjuster screw in all the way (where it's hard to pull the trigger because of the pressure) the bolt doesn't travel all the way back and therefore won't recock. I have to pull the charging lever back, and it catches the bolt and brings it back the last quarter of an inch. I stripped it down and lubed it and there's nothing the bolt would catch on, so it seems to be a problem with the RT venting too much gas. It seems strange that it would be doing this with the adjuster all the way out as well as in the middle, but I'm guessing it's still venting when it's backed out all the way.

I thought it was CO2 freezing things up so I went out and bought a Nitro tank (which I was going to do anyway,) but it does the same thing.

Has anyone had a problem like this, and is there a simple solution I'm missing? I'm going to go strip, polish, and lube it again and hope for replies or to find something I missed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
on my 98, the tippman brand double trigger was doing the same thing.. rt here as well.. i had to sand down the front edges of the trigger itself as it was clamping in the body of the gun just a bit....i also did a bit of sanding on the sear....

·
Illuminated
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No luck and the guys at the local field can't do anything (although they had spare parts for the flow screw I broke taking it apart, looks like I had everything tightened down too much.)

Sending it back to Tippmann, hopefully it's covered by warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed a double trigger and resposne trigger in my new A5, and I immediately developed a problem. Unless I have the RT adjuster screw in all the way (where it's hard to pull the trigger because of the pressure) the bolt doesn't travel all the way back and therefore won't recock. I have to pull the charging lever back, and it catches the bolt and brings it back the last quarter of an inch. I stripped it down and lubed it and there's nothing the bolt would catch on, so it seems to be a problem with the RT venting too much gas. It seems strange that it would be doing this with the adjuster all the way out as well as in the middle, but I'm guessing it's still venting when it's backed out all the way.

I thought it was CO2 freezing things up so I went out and bought a Nitro tank (which I was going to do anyway,) but it does the same thing.

Has anyone had a problem like this, and is there a simple solution I'm missing? I'm going to go strip, polish, and lube it again and hope for replies or to find something I missed.
Yo I had the same problem. I played last week with my response trigger and normal stock trigger. This week I got a double trigger I installed, everything looked fine. Went to play today gun wouldn't recock at all. I stripped it to the bare bones. Put it back together... still wouldn't recock. I couldn't get the bolt to catch at all. And cocking the gone It would only catch when I brought it way back.
Thank god I had brougt my pro carbine for back up. But there is no comparsion.

When I got home I put the old trigger, and it worked like a charm!
Is there no way to get the double trigger to work with the response trigger???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts