Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm watching NHRA on ESPN2, and they keep playing this commercial for Lucas Octane Booster. It has this wannabe-hot chick getting out of some little yellow lexus, and the driver is some 40 year old lookin guy. another guy with a wannabe-hot chick on his shoulder says "You got that thing tuned yet?" old guy says "Yeah" with an "im chock full of bad-assery" look on his face. "Prove it," the not-so-old guy says, and the old guy hands a bottle of octane booster to his girl, and she puts it in. Then they race at a ghetto drag strip and, of course, the lexus beats the other guys' VW jetta or similar girl car. then it says TO BE CONTINUED, suggesting that future retard commercials are to come.

anybody see this crap? I could see if it was a tongue-in-cheek, obviously not serious commercial but it doesnt seem to be so. either way it makes me want to go out and beat the crap out of the first ricer I see

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
But you remembered it and even went as far as to start a discussion on a messageboard about it, I would say that it is a marketing sucess. They got you talking about it INCLUDING remember the company name and product. Might be retarded but it got the job done.

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ShepardD said:
But you remembered it and even went as far as to start a discussion on a messageboard about it, I would say that it is a marketing sucess. They got you talking about it INCLUDING remember the company name and product. Might be retarded but it got the job done.
not hardly. I sure as hell wont go buy the stuff cuz im not ignorant and I know that octane boosters up your octane by a few points, NOT by a few numbers, and that higher octane usually HURTS performance unless you are already detonating or close to it due to high compression, forced induction, or advanced timing. just putting it in your little lexus wont do a damn thing, except get you on a retarded commercial

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
But many, many people don't understand that. They see the race vechicles run higher octane like many of the high performance cars so they assume more octane=more power. Not understanding that higher octane burns slower and increase combustion lag and causes a loss of power not a gain.

Just like the kids who slap the erector-set like wing on the back of their FWD cars. Even if their car was fast enough to need additional downforce, they have it at the wrong end since it is FWD/Front wwheel steering, it would actually have a negative effect on performance by making the contact with the drive/control wheels less.

A good portion of car people are completely ignorant that is why so many products sell so well. Like those Miracle Mechanic In a Can additives that are supposed to fix bad valves or other serious drivetrain problems just by adding a bit of fluid to the engine oil or trans fluid.

You know what for those people, they will remember the name and sell the product, again that is effective marketing.

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ShepardD said:
But many, many people don't understand that. They see the race vechicles run higher octane like many of the high performance cars so they assume more octane=more power. Not understanding that higher octane burns slower and increase combustion lag and causes a loss of power not a gain.

Just like the kids who slap the erector-set like wing on the back of their FWD cars. Even if their car was fast enough to need additional downforce, they have it at the wrong end since it is FWD/Front wwheel steering, it would actually have a negative effect on performance by making the contact with the drive/control wheels less.

A good portion of car people are completely ignorant that is why so many products sell so well. Like those Miracle Mechanic In a Can additives that are supposed to fix bad valves or other serious drivetrain problems just by adding a bit of fluid to the engine oil or trans fluid.

You know what for those people, they will remember the name and sell the product, again that is effective marketing.
well more power to em, they arent spending my money. i really don't care if the ad was "successful," it's utterly retarded and just pisses me off that people go for that kinda crap

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Yeah, just remember the commercial wasn't made to market to someone like you, more like some pimply faced kid who thinks because he added a CAI and exhaust to his mom's civic he has a race car. :rofl

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ShepardD said:
Yeah, just remember the commercial wasn't made to market to someone like you, more like some pimply faced kid who thinks because he added a CAI and exhaust to his mom's civic he has a race car. :rofl
truf

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Yup, gotta love the ricers, keeping useless aftermarket parts company in business- like those stupid LED Winsheild Washer Nozzles, I seriously want to beatdown anyone with those things. Sorry guess too OT though. But still they need an asskicking.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
zpyro said:
not hardly. I sure as hell wont go buy the stuff cuz im not ignorant and I know that octane boosters up your octane by a few points, NOT by a few numbers, and that higher octane usually HURTS performance unless you are already detonating or close to it due to high compression, forced induction, or advanced timing. just putting it in your little lexus wont do a damn thing, except get you on a retarded commercial
well i have to put octane booster in my car.....it was meant to run on leaded gas which has a higher octane even then premium....

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2 legit said:
well i have to put octane booster in my car.....it was meant to run on leaded gas which has a higher octane even then premium....
put a 5.0 in there n00blet :p

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
i plan to......i just need to save some cash for the parts to swap and to build up the 5.0 before i put it in........

nooblet... ;)

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
onesikpup said:
....i think im going to put a wing and dual fart cannons on my 02 chevy ext cab 1500 5.3......and then get some of that octane stuff....i bet i'll smoke then.

[/sarcasm]
you'll be runnin 12s dawg! put some nawwzz on there and you'll break into the 9s!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
What no valvestem lights and stickers? Don't you know a TRD sticker on aa non-Toyota adds at least 50 WHP, and the Type-R Badge adds another 75. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts