D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
U.S. shoppers jam malls, shops
Wal-Mart worker dies after shoppers knock him down

Best quote of the two articles:
""I don't usually save, so this year is a little different," she said."

It won't be much different in Canada on Boxing Day (December 26th, basically the equivilent of Black Friday)

People are ****ed.

Edit:
another good one:
"Still, "the fact that the gas prices have gone down, I feel confident that I can pay off this without any problems," she said.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Edit:
another good one:
"Still, "the fact that the gas prices have gone down, I feel confident that I can pay off this without any problems," she said.
Man, I wonder what caused the financial crisis.....oh yea, thinking like this.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
I don't even go near the stores on black friday. Instead, I spent today helping my grandmother around her house. She wanted the garage cleaned out, she needed some light bulbs changed, needed the gutters cleaned, wanted some stuff put in her shed, ect. I figure it was a much better use of my time.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I was out. It was hilarious to watch all the freaks at walmart fight over portable dvd players. I was able to get through pretty reasonably.

Picked up 15 DVD's, 8 GB Flash Drive, NCAA Football 09 for about $100.

I hit up a few stores ater they initially opened, and still found tons of DVD's lying around, and it wasn't terribly busy.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Believe it or not, we had 50 something ppl standing outside of Lowes this morning waiting to get in. When the doors opened ppl actually ran and faught over shopvacs and storage cabinets. Yes, Lowes. We made 5k within the first 15 mins of opening, we beat lastyears number of 166k for the day but im not sure what it was.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
our store hit the $1million mark (for the day) around 7pm tonight, and that's counting the long lines of returns we had too. From what they told me, we were top in sales in our state, and one of the top in the region (idaho, washington, oregon, cali)

Kinda wish I had worked in the morning though, would have been funny to watch. I work in the deli, so black friday is typically a really slow day for us.

·
Registered
995 Posts
our store hit the $1million mark (for the day) around 7pm tonight, and that's counting the long lines of returns we had too. From what they told me, we were top in sales in our state, and one of the top in the region (idaho, washington, oregon, cali)

Kinda wish I had worked in the morning though, would have been funny to watch. I work in the deli, so black friday is typically a really slow day for us.
where do you work?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went to some nice antique stores in downtown with a lady and just looked around for fun.

Excellent alternative to Black Friday madness.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts