Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Dont be a sniper, dont even try.

Now that we have that out of the way,
Longer barrels do not mean more accuracy. Anything past 14 or 16 inches you just start to lose efficiency. The physics of a paintball are just too naturally innacurate for barrel length to make any real difference. The best way to increase accuracy would be to get a good paint to barrel match.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Roadkill said:
Dont be a sniper, dont even try.

Now that we have that out of the way,
Longer barrels do not mean more accuracy. Anything past 14 or 16 inches you just start to lose efficiency. The physics of a paintball are just too naturally innacurate for barrel length to make any real difference. The best way to increase accuracy would be to get a good paint to barrel match.
Im not saying a 21 inch barrel imporves anythign but it doesnt weaken the gun at all. I got a Combat Connections enforcer with a 22 inch barrel and it shoots just as good as my kp's or any of my other guns.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
A barrel that is longer than about 14-16 is only putting drag on the ball. It comes slower our of the barrel. In order to get the speed you want, you need to turn the velocity (ammount of air being used) up. This means you are using more air than needed simply because you have a long barrel.

Barrels over 14-16 inches mean you are using more air to get the speed you want.

Long barrels = more air use

·
Registered
250 Posts
haha this last weekend i snaped a "sniper" guy who has one of those 20" barrels on his tipy with my phantom... he was 3/4 of the way across the feild (1 acre woodsball feild) supprized i hit him... but poped right on his goggls :)... he just couldn't belive that i was able to reach him like that... short 14" barrel btw on mine ;-)

·
Registered
94 Posts
ya i wouldn't get i 21 inch i learned my lesson by getting a 22 inch that thing was long, I would get a 14 inch thats the best size i think.

·
Registered
250 Posts
played a bit last weekend w/ a friends barrel kit... 10-18"... the 18" tip was acculy kinda neat on the airball feild... but akward... i think i need to spend some time w/ a 16"... for woods and other stuff though 12-14" is preferable for me :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts