Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very good game. I just bought it today. It has a lot of new features, but is basically the same game. The graphics are improved, and more foliage was added to make the environments look a lot better. The most groundbreaking feature is the ability to tell your squadron what to do, and you can communitcate with them fairly well. If you liked 4, you'll like this one.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
it makes me cry when i see no really good fighter games out. I always wanted to be a pilot when i was little and i LOVED air combat games. Now that im old enough to see how bad they really are, i dont play them anymore :-/

Im pretty sure this is no better than the other ace combats, which arent to impressing.

·
Banned
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It depends on what you're looking for. No, its not a true simulator, not even close, but it is the best you'll get for PS2. If you want a real combat simulator, get it for PC.

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
dont buy the throttle and joystick package...the game isnt realistic enough.

PC now a days doesnt have any good combat sims

The best game that came out was Falcon 4.0. If you havnt played Falcon 4.0 then you havnt played a tru combat simulator. its based on the F-16 and im tellin u... it took me months to simply get down the use of the complicated radar...and learn to use it effectivly. Awsome game.

As for flight sims...the only ones that actualy are remotly reatlistic is FS2004.

Tho the actual flight characteristics are a lil off...however it is perfect to practice navagation and such using VORs....its really helped me when gettin my instrument hours towards my liscence

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
wow... ive never heard of falcon 4.0 but it sounds awesome. Ill have to look that one up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts